• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest DVD-V,Concert/Music-Related?NO 5.1ALBUMS,DVD-A,QUADIO

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

John Svensson

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
A little bit of UK's biggest selling girl group ever just received....Bananarama- The Reunion Tour from 2017. DVD authored by Neil Wilkes, and with DTS and DD options....not much to write home about surround though, but the gurls....they've still got it....Venus.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Utopia: Redux Live In Japan '92

Original members reunite 7 years after breaking up. Hadn't missed a beat. Dolby 5.1 (mixed by Rundgren) is a better surround mix than your typical DVD of the day. Great playing and the PQ is pretty good and camera movement is non obtrusive. Includes my favorite Utopia song "Caravan" which is not included on the new Utopia live BluRay just realeased via Cleopatra. Still waiting to pull the trigger on that and wonder if anyone here could comment on the surround mix/codec. I was terribly disappointed in the previous Cleopatra Todd R Blu Ray release, Live At Ridgefield - Dolby Stereo only :mad:

humprof

I actually got this a few months ago--a cheap sealed copy from an Amazon Marketplace seller--but have only just now gotten around to auditioning it:

Norah Jones, Feels Like Home "Deluxe" Edition (CD + 5.1 DVD-V).​

Just what you'd expect from Norah Jones: tasteful and inoffensive with solid musicianship, and (in this case) a little bit of "Americana" flavor, thanks in part to the guest artists (Dolly Parton, Levon Helm) and in part to the repertoire (Townes Van Zandt, Tom Waits, Gram Parsons). The DVD-V is mostly live concert performances, with ambiance, reverb, and crowd noise in the rears, plus two music videos. The 5.1 is Dolby Surround, so even the best of the bunch (the video of "What Am I to You," IMO) basically just features an expanded, wraparound soundstage--although in the case of "What Am I," the wraparound produces some discrete-ish-sounding guitar and keyboard licks in the rears.

Last edited:

privateuniverse

Original members reunite 7 years after breaking up. Hadn't missed a beat. Dolby 5.1 (mixed by Rundgren) is a better surround mix than your typical DVD of the day. Great playing and the PQ is pretty good and camera movement is non obtrusive. Includes my favorite Utopia song "Caravan" which is not included on the new Utopia live BluRay just realeased via Cleopatra. Still waiting to pull the trigger on that and wonder if anyone here could comment on the surround mix/codec. I was terribly disappointed in the previous Cleopatra Todd R Blu Ray release, Live At Ridgefield - Dolby Stereo only :mad:
While the new Utopia DVD does contain a 5.1 track, the use of the surrounds is virtually non-existent. Unfortunate, as Utopia music would be ideal for a 5.1 mix.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Marcus Miller - Tutu Revisited Live DVD 5.1 DTS

I had the privilege to see an updated version of this show at Lincoln Center last month (a gift from my wife). This DVD from 2011 is as close as you can get to seeing the show live. The players are all masters and have tremendous interplay. The filming, PQ, staging and pure musicality are all off the chart. This is a tribute to Miles Davis/Miller’s reinvention “Tutu” - horn players Christian Scott(trumpet) and Alex Han(sax) are both gifted, physical players. A special blend of jazz/funk/fusion. The surround is typical ambience and crowd in the rears - but is otherwise an excellent recording.👍

Last edited:

Quad Linda

Staff member
Is Miles your all time favorite musical artist, Linda?
He's in my top 20.
More Top 20 faves:
Moby Grape
Spirit
Beatles
Don Ellis
Sergio Mendes
Dylan
Hendrix
Trane
Rahsaan Roland Kirk
Laura Nyro
Phil Ochs
Jeff Beck
Cream
Santana
Loggins & Messina
Tampa Red
Roosevelt Sykes
Herb Alpert
Blood Sweat & Tears

I "subscribe" to a couple hundred other acts.

The56Kid

He's in my top 20.
More Top 20 faves:
Moby Grape
Spirit
Beatles
Don Ellis
Sergio Mendes
Dylan
Hendrix
Trane
Rahsaan Roland Kirk
Laura Nyro
Phil Ochs
Jeff Beck
Cream
Santana
Loggins & Messina
Tampa Red
Roosevelt Sykes
Herb Alpert
Blood Sweat & Tears

I "subscribe" to a couple hundred other acts.
Very nice Top 20!

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Sara K: NO COVER [Chesky Records/DVD~V / 96/24 Stereo] One of Chesky's rare LIVE DVD Concerts/1 side PAL Video/1 Side NTSC video]

See the source image

Last edited:

humprof

Earth, Wind & Fire In Concert (at the Oakland Coliseum, 1981). DTS & Dolby Digital 5.1. Haven't read any reviews, and have no idea (yet) how good the surround mix is. But for five bucks (at Crossroads Music in Portland), I wasn't going to leave this sitting in the bin!

Last edited:

The56Kid

Back to Braodway - Barbra Streisand DVD/CD
Legends of American Folk Blues Festivals V3
50's & 60's Rock & Roll Graffiti 2 CD/8 DVD New performances by classic AM stars.
Linda, where’d you score that Volume 3 of the Legends Of American Folk Blues Festivals from? I’m missing that one in my collection.

Group builder