New Pineapple Thief box set!!! 8 disc bluray 5.1and Atmos!! How did we find our way!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Bruce outdid himself on this set - this version of "Dead In The Water" has an even crazier mix that the Give It Back re-recording, it starts off with only the heights firing until the vocals come in at ear level!

The Atmos mixes interestingly tend to have a good bit of dry drum signal in the height speakers (in addition to discrete elements like backing vocals, synths, and rhythm guitars) - it really does give that interesting effect of being in a 'bubble' of sound, with the kit floating in space instead of being tied to just the front channels. It's definitely a different approach than Steven Wilson tends to go for (the floor & height speakers are usually treated as completely separate soundstages in his Atmos mixes, with few elements shared between them), but sounds great all the same.

In jealous of those who have received a copy. I ordered though Amazon.ca in early May, however the status now says "we will email you when available". That doesn't sound good. Importcds has it listed as backordered. The Shed says "out of stock". It seems like there weren't enough manufactured to meet the demand. 😢
I have found that since the pandemic Amazon.ca has been having great difficulty filling music orders, particularly the multichannel ones, for whatever reason. After getting my own “out of stock” email a couple of times, I changed my approach and go to the source now, whether it’s Burning Shed or Cherry Red. Very happy to report I always get my order doing it this way. Almost ready to dump my Amazon Prime membership.

Last edited:
Arrived this afternoon, while I was at work. Luckily it was a busy day, so the hours of not being able to check out went by quickly. 6 of 7 CD ripped. The Blu -ray will take a while with to back up and rip. Could be an all night project.
It took me about two days to get everything tagged & stored away in 5.1 FLAC, 7.1 FLAC, and raw TrueHD/Atmos.

You people mean to tell me, besides the CD’s, all the included albums in surround are on one BD? That’s crazy! If the BD goes bad, I’ll loose all the albums. I’d rather they be on separate discs. Hell, I’d even pay more for separate discs even though this collection is pricey anyway. The CD’s are nice but I’d give them up too.

You people mean to tell me, besides the CD’s, all the included albums in surround are on one BD? That’s crazy! If the BD goes bad, I’ll loose all the albums. I’d rather they be on separate discs. Hell, I’d even pay more for separate discs even though this collection is pricey anyway. The CD’s are nice but I’d give them up too.
If you think this collection is pricy (it’s not) how much do you think it would be with 7 blu rays?

Yes, this is always the paradigm with computer data stored digitally on discs. Backup and secondary site for contingency to reduce the risk of losing.

If you think this collection is pricy (it’s not) how much do you think it would be with 7 blu rays?
As much as they’d like to charge? Is this a trick question? 😜

All joking aside, like I stated, I would consider paying more for separate BD’s even over getting the included Compact Discs. Overall, I didn’t purchase this set to listen to the CD’s. 😊

As much as they’d like to charge? Is this a trick question? 😜

All joking aside, like I stated, I would consider paying more for separate BD’s even over getting the included Compact Discs. Overall, I didn’t purchase this set to listen to the CD’s. 😊
This set cost £75, a fair price for a standalone blu ray is around £17/18, over £100 for 7, I know what i’d rather have, just stating my opinion, not looking for an argument

This set cost £75, a fair price for a standalone blu ray is around £17/18, over £100 for 7, I know what i’d rather have, just stating my opinion, not looking for an argument
These sets aren't created with QQ fans in mind, they are for all fans. 90% of which couldn't give a rat's ass about surround or atmos.

Back