New Pineapple Thief box set!!! 8 disc bluray 5.1and Atmos!! How did we find our way!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had problems with this order but corrected today.
1. Successful order ImportCDs.
2. Had a problem with my credit card, bank reissued new, which canceled my ImportCDs order.
3. Successful re-order ImportCD's, but became out of stock.
4. Looked up at BurningShed, out of stock.
5. Looked up Amazon US, in stock, ordered and arriving tomorrow, $109.61.
6. Sent cancel request to ImportCD's.

Really getting hard to get some of these box sets, wasn't this hard a few years ago.

Europe getting hard for this box set, US easier.
Ultravox box set, Europe easier, US harder.

Topsy Turvy.

I have had problems with this order but corrected today.
1. Successful order ImportCDs.
2. Had a problem with my credit card, bank reissued new, which canceled my ImportCDs order.
3. Successful re-order ImportCD's, but became out of stock.
4. Looked up at BurningShed, out of stock.
5. Looked up Amazon US, in stock, ordered and arriving tomorrow, $109.61.
6. Sent cancel request to ImportCD's.

Really getting hard to get some of these box sets, wasn't this hard a few years ago.

Europe getting hard for this box set, US easier.
Ultravox box set, Europe easier, US harder.

Topsy Turvy.
Well , that was fast. Ordered yesterday and arrived today. Amazon and double protection box. All done, now to read and listen. $109.61.
IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_4337.jpg

This is really a great set. I ripped everything and listening now to the stereo versions first. Reading the book it really 8s a great journey for Bruce Soord.
Man, this is a hard Blu Ray rip, due to content I assume.
It takes a real long time at least a half hour just to open the disc via MakeMKV.
Have not got to actually ripping the 5.1 and the Atmos, will need to walk away and just let it all load during the day.

Back of book it says, "Hi-Res Audio CD's 1-7 plus extras" this made me think the 2.0 would be on the Blu Ray disc, but they are only RBCD's, not sure I would call them Hi-Res?
The 7 CD's are of course a quick/easy rip.

I would assume, aside from a movie disc, this is the first audio only blu ray with this much content, very large.

Getting further on the rip.
Lots of errors. Only have been able to get to 4 of the 7 in Tru HD (ATMOS) and 5.1 DTS HD Mstr.
I am going to see what these 4 of 7 are, then will figure out the rest.
Errors, can only occur from the disc or the drive, it cannot occur from the reader, MakeMKV.
See two screenshots below.
Clean it first. Mine didn't take long at all.
Yes, after I finish with these 4, I will do.
Funny it seems the last 5-7 Blu Rays I have ripped I have had to clean. It also makes me wonder if my Pioneer BDR-XD05 is getting worn out?
Screenshot (91).png

Screenshot (92).png

I am having a ripping problem, I cleaned BD, still getting errors with makeMKV, decided for a break. Listening to Little Man from the hard disc now in Atmos while I rip all the CD's.
I'll finish my rips from the disc soon, so far I have Variations On A Dream the 5.1 FLAC and the Dolby Atmos MKV.
I checked all the albums on the hard disc and they all play.
Never have this kind of problem as I am the ripping expert but, getting stumped on this one.

One annoying thing on the hard disc, looking at the screen:
The cursor does not move as tracks play.
So if you walk out of room and come back in, you do not know the name of song that is playing.
I hate that, even more of a reason to rip.
The one album I have been successful with the MKV rip, there is just black screen, unlike the hard disc screen.

The cursor does not move as tracks play.
Did you read the liner notes? They had to compromise some of the navigational features in order to fit seven albums' worth of content on a single disc. To me, this is preferable to the set having to include multiple Blu-Rays (which would undoubtedly have driven up the price).

Did you read the liner notes? They had to compromise some of the navigational features in order to fit seven albums' worth of content on a single disc. To me, this is preferable to the set having to include multiple Blu-Rays (which would undoubtedly have driven up the price).
No way man, I cannot get all that far with all this ripping, I'll read later.
That said, thank you, I understand.
I am getting two feelings here:
1. All this on one BD-V is quite exceptional, finally someone proved it can be done with audio.
2. With the problems, on my end, not talking about others, this is a good example to have put all this info on two Blu Rays.

This one Blu Ray sucks, to be blunt.

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with this ripping thing. I just put the disc in the player and start listening. When I'm finished listening for the day I stop and turn off the player, and the next time I will play from it, I turn on the player and it starts from were I left off last time. I see no big problem with the cursor not moving. My player shows the number of the track that's playing and on the screen the songs are numbered, so easy to see what's on. :cool:

Back