New Pineapple Thief box set!!! 8 disc bluray 5.1and Atmos!! How did we find our way!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? WTF? I ordered from importCD on April 20, and mine hasn't even shipped or generated a lable or nothing. For that matter, on their site, release date is June 23, which is tomorrow.
Me three. Same experience but through Deep Discount. Praying that this doesn't mean the retailers didn't get their fulfilment orders cut.

Thought i’d add this for info re disc space

image.jpg

This is my first time hearing these early albums, i’m not disappointed, much more of Bruce’s influences on show here ie. Radiohead etc. Curiously Bruce plays every instrument on all these albums, I thought TPT had always been a band
Bruce played all instruments on only the first 2 albums plus the bonus albums I thought. Does the box not credit the other (former) members?

Me three. Same experience but through Deep Discount. Praying that this doesn't mean the retailers didn't get their fulfilment orders cut.
The last thing I ordered from Import CDs which, I think, was the PT C/C box, just showed up on my doorstep pretty close to the release date. I never got any notification that it was on the way or any update that it was delivered, so I wouldn't panic yet.

Bruce played all instruments on only the first 2 albums plus the bonus albums I thought. Does the box not credit the other (former) members?
Variations on a dream
Bruce - vocals, bass, guitar, keyboards and drums
Liz Bramley - backing vocals
W.Torrens - Guitar on Vapour trails
Jon Sykes - Bass on Sooner or later

10 stories down is more of a band affair (my mistake)

Little man
Bruce - Vocals, bass, guitar, keyboards and drums
Jon Sykes - Bass on Boxing day

It’s all gone very quiet in here what’s the verdict from you guys that have received and played this?
I only managed to play the first 3 yesterday, mixes are brilliant as you would expect from Bruce, 10 out of 10 so far, each album has about 8 pages of memories, thoughts, feelings and lyrics which all add to the value of the package. The best value package i’ve ever bought but then i’ve never bought 7 albums in one set before

Nice! 8 hours a long ass time.. was gonna listen to like 2 albums, maybe more per day if its good :). Importcds on back order but they charged me yesterday.. or pre did.. hope they ship today =-).

Last edited:
They charged me yesterday. How did you find the albums are on back order?
My account was also dinged. I am pretty sure that means they are in hand and maybe already on the way. Like I said above, in the past Import CD purchases have just shown up at my door without any notice.
Otherwise, you'd have to wonder why would they wait until now to hit your account if they didn't have the product in hand. They could have done that when you pre-ordered if they were so inclined.

Discogs says Hi Res Stereo should be there but the screenshot earlier in the thread on here (and my looking at it) it isn't there.
So.....would downmixing 5.1 to stereo be "better" than the ripped CD?
Downmix would be 24-48 but the downmix may be "weird" stereo I guess?

Discogs says Hi Res Stereo should be there but the screenshot earlier in the thread on here (and my looking at it) it isn't there.
So.....would downmixing 5.1 to stereo be "better" than the ripped CD?
Downmix would be 24-48 but the downmix may be "weird" stereo I guess?
For stereo, stick to the CDs. There wouldn't be any audible difference in quality between 16/44.1 and 24/48 (or higher), anyway, barring a difference in mastering. Downmixing would deliver a mix not intended by Bruce.

Back