One Hit Wonder Day

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a real interesting one if you don't know the story behind this. This is actually a stage name, his real name being William Fries, and was a OHW on the American pop charts. I remember listening to this thinking it's a typical trucker song of the era but it has a standout female chorus that sounded so magical & ethereal--years later I found out why.

This is basically the creation of one Chip Davis of Mannheim Steamroller... it even references "Omaha" which is their home base! So whenever you hear them being played at Christmas time, remember this hit song was pretty much the early genesis of the group.

Listen to it again here (lyric decoder video) with that group in mind and you can easily hear their unmistakable sound.

Last edited:
Here's a real interesting one if you don't know the story behind this. This is actually a stage name, his real name being William Fries, and was a OHW on the American pop charts. I remember listening to this thinking it's a typical trucker song of the era but it has a standout female chorus that sounded so magical & ethereal--years later I found out why.

This is basically the creation of one Chip Davis of Mannheim Steamroller... it even references "Omaha" which is their home base! So whenever you hear them being played at Christmas time, remember this hit song was pretty much the early genesis of the group.

Listen to it again here (lyric decoder video) with that group in mind and you can easily hear their unmistakable sound.

Obviously, I had the 45 of that one back in the day. Wow, I had absolutely no clue that was the genesis of Chip Davis. Geeeeezzz. Small world.

Back