One Hit Wonder Day

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love that Train song on the Real C W McCall release--"Silverton" I think it's called. And of course the sound quality on that release, as for most AG material, is perfection. Interestingly, the remake of "Convoy" has the same production team of the original almost 2 decades earlier, many of the same band members, and what appears to be relatives of the original backup vocalists :)

Silverton - just sent my son the YouTube link, if he knew about it, he never told me. He rode the Durango-Silverton narrow gauge train as part of TRAINS Magazine photo charter about a month ago. (I rode it about 10 years ago) I drove into town and we stayed in Silverton overnight. He rode the train back to Rockwood and I picked him up there. Beautiful rugged country for sure.

Kraftwerk - Autobahn

I don't recall that (or any other track) being released as a single (in North America at least) but they sure did have a string of hit albums. I first heard of them with "Trans-Europe Express". I thought that it sounded rather cool. Their style of music does become a bit monotonous after prolonged listening, but is fantastic in smaller doses!

I don't recall that (or any other track) being released as a single (in North America at least) but they sure did have a string of hit albums. I first heard of them with "Trans-Europe Express". I thought that it sounded rather cool. Their style of music does become a bit monotonous after prolonged listening, but is fantastic in smaller doses!

Made it to No. 25 on the Billboard Hot 100...

Kraftwerk - Autobahn (Single version 1974)

Last edited:
Back