One Hit Wonder Day

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Too Loose To Get Tight" Pt.1 & 2 by SOD (USA, 1971)

Was played quite a bit on the radio here in summer of 1971, they even ran a commercial for the album "SOD.. like in GRASS, on Decca records..." This tune got released on a single parts 1 and 2, then the band seemed to disappear after putting out one more LP which I have too. Never found anything by "SOD" on a CD. One of the first albums I transferred to CD from LP...

"Too Loose To Get Tight" Pt.1 & 2 by SOD (USA, 1971)

Was played quite a bit on the radio here in summer of 1971, they even ran a commercial for the album "SOD.. like in GRASS, on Decca records..." This tune got released on a single parts 1 and 2, then the band seemed to disappear after putting out one more LP which I have too. Never found anything by "SOD" on a CD. One of the first albums I transferred to CD from LP...

That was groovy... very groovy. Thanks for this post.

Huge hit in Australia. He had 5 songs in the top 10 here during his early career.
I think that was pretty much it for Russell here in the US. But yeah I noticed he was a pretty big deal there and in Europe and did a lot of production work too. Kinda forgotten about "The Real Thing" until it showed up in the movie "The Dish" and I thought it might be a stereo version so I bought the soundtrack CD... nope. Likewise his "Best Of" CD which I have too. Still have the old 45 from 1969!

I think that was pretty much it for Russell here in the US. But yeah I noticed he was a pretty big deal there and in Europe and did a lot of production work too. Kinda forgotten about "The Real Thing" until it showed up in the movie "The Dish" and I thought it might be a stereo version so I bought the soundtrack CD... nope. Likewise his "Best Of" CD which I have too. Still have the old 45 from 1969!
You need to get the stereo version. Amazing production. The jibberish at the end is actually the liner notes off an ampex tape box!

You need to get the stereo version. Amazing production.

I did a Penteo upmix and it turned out quite good. I’ll have a go at merging the YouTube video and the upmix later today and post it on YouTube. The YouTube video is 30Hz so I need to change the frame rate to match the audio.

Back