Oppo 103 help please

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HDMI Connections

1588018796536.png

If it was me, I'd test the analog outputs from the Oppo into a different playback device (if your receiver has no RCA analog inputs at all), to find out if the Oppo is playing properly, if so, then look at HDMI compatibility/options. I have a 93 but only have used analog outs, similar, at work we've setup 103 units but again using analog output to avoid HDMI compatibility issues down the line. I understand there are reasons to use HDMI (mostly because manufacturers are eliminating analog inputs on receivers!) such as room correction DSP, and video pass-through.

So Iā€™m ordering some rca cables from Amazon to try this out. Kal I have had a disc in the player most of the time while trying out diff settings. Iā€™ve bypass the Receiver to just the tv but still with the hdmi cable two diff in fact. Would a software update help?

Wondered if the 'Split A/V' setting actually segregates video and audio to HDMI 1 and 2 respectively.

Turns out it's supposed to, but only if you're using both HDMI outputs, this is what the manual says:

"2. Dual HDMI Output: Allows you to select the output mode when both HDMI Output ports are in use. If only one HDMI Output is active, this selection will not apply. [So I guess this isn' your problem since you're only using one output?]
x Split A/V (recommended) ā€“ Use HDMI 1 OUT as the dedicated video output port and HDMI 2 OUT as the dedicated audio output port. Th is setting will ensure the best possible picture quality and the highest possible audio resolution.
x Dual Display ā€“ Send digital audio and video signals to both HDMI Outputs simultaneously. This setting is only recommended when two HDMI displays are required, since the surround sound audio signal may be down-mixed to stereo and the original audio quality may be lost."

Still might want to try changing this setting to 'Dual Display' and see if your HDMI audio suddenly works.

Also, unless your receiver already decodes HDCD, your might as well turn HDCD decoding on and get whatever benefit it provides- HDCD coded CDs are not always clearly labeled. This assumes you ever get audio output from the player...

Analog outs? Donā€™t see it back there. My speakers are wired into my onkyo. No banana plugs for oppo
the analog outs are the RCA hook ups which would go to your analog inputs on your amp. They are the ā€œholesā€ on the back of your 103 next to the hdmi outputs In your photo.

Back