Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on here frequently. I just listen rather than talk mostly:)

I understand...I lurked on here for a few years before I joined...and I've been a member over at Steve Hoffman's forum for 5 years and never posted...hopefully you will feel comfortable sharing your views on here:D and join in the threads..

So does anybody have info on the release?

Those who have the info are not saying much at all, probably cause they are not allowed to.
I certainly hope this will be released before the end of the year, but the window for announcing this title for a 2018 release is getting smaller and smaller...

:oops:

One of the reasons I asked was because this thread got moved from the rumors section because of info apparently from distributors. So I was wondering if there was more info from that source.

One of the reasons I asked was because this thread got moved from the rumors section because of info apparently from distributors. So I was wondering if there was more info from that source.

Once more info can be share, then I am sure it will happen, but for now, we'll just have to be patient until more info is revealed.
Honestly, I'm still shocked that Roger Waters spilled the beans on this release several months ago in that audio interview.
I think that means that he really does have a vested interest in this release, so it looks like it's definitely not a matter of if, but it's more just a matter of when, and if it's not set for a 2018 release anymore, then I certainly hope this will be available in the first quarter (or half) of 2019.

:)

Once more info can be share, then I am sure it will happen, but for now, we'll just have to be patient until more info is revealed.
Honestly, I'm still shocked that Roger Waters spilled the beans on this release several months ago in that audio interview.
I think that means that he really does have a vested interest in this release, so it looks like it's definitely not a matter of if, but it's more just a matter of when, and if it's not set for a 2018 release anymore, then I certainly hope this will be available in the first quarter (or half) of 2019.

My instincs tell me we'll probably get this for the Fall of 2019. The fact that Analogue Productions have not yet released their SACD reissues of Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here (as announced a while back) brings me to think that maybe all three titles (or more, who really knows) could be released together as a set or individually in 2019.

My instincs tell me we'll probably get this for the Fall of 2019. The fact that Analogue Productions have not yet released their SACD reissues of Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here (as announced a while back) brings me to think that maybe all three titles (or more, who really knows) could be released together as a set or individually in 2019.

I think you're right that it will now be 2019 before we hear "Animals" in 5.1 surround, partly because of the delay of the new Analogue Productions SACD reissues.
Either way, this is a title I cannot wait to receive, and I hope it's everything I have hoped for!

Then is there some chance DSOTM and WYWH will be re-issued on Blu or DVD next year too since the Immersion sets have gone OOP?

As of right now, I don't think so.
I think this will just be reissues of the modern 5.1 surround mixes on Multichannel SACD from Analogue Productions, just like the original SACD of "Wish You Were Here".

The only release that looks like it's due to get some kind of deluxe reissue is "Animals"

The releases are in no way connected.

LOL! You're lucky.....my first "real" concert was Peter Frampton...though I ain't gonna lie...it was wonderful. :) Rather eye opening for a 15 year old....

Hey GOS, PF was my first real concert as well.
LOL! You're lucky.....my first "real" concert was Peter Frampton...though I ain't gonna lie...it was wonderful. :) Rather eye opening for a 15 year old....

Hey GOS, Frampton was my first real concert as well. Certainly nothing to be ashamed of. To this day that album has a special place in my heart. Frampton is a great guitar player, he can rock-out with the best of 'em.
I like the story of his infamous 1954 Gibson Les Paul Custom black beauty that was stolen, then recovered 31 years later.

dYYNfaAB4VMCKWk7KrVATW-650-80.jpg

Back