Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly there is :(
1608950502152.png

Thanks for sharing this. Having watched Roger's video on the subject, I had a slightly different read on it. It seemed like Roger wanted Rick and Syd's estates to have a vote, and that's what was vetoed.

Does anyone know what the current arrangement is supposed to be? One thought is that all three have to agree for anything to happen with the pre-1987 material. The other is that it's a majority vote of the living current and former band members. If ol' Rog wants Rick and Syd's estates to have a vote, is that a change to the actual contract?

I'm guessing no news on this even now? Animals has been one of my favorite albums long enough that I could justify this.

What's the name of the multi channel bootleg if it's not a violation to ask?

A bit of Animals related history from the Floyd's Facebook page:

In France, a number of special promotional record bins, holding around 100 copies of Animals, were created. To help promote the album release, here's a drift of these pigs in a small French town....

View attachment 62198
Yep, there's been three days in a row activity in Facebook around Animals anniversary release. Most likely it means nothing and we'll end up this year with Pulse or Venice or whatever from The Last Year having a standalone release.

Yep, there's been three days in a row activity in Facebook around Animals anniversary release. Most likely it means nothing and we'll end up this year with Pulse or Venice or whatever from The Last Year having a standalone release.
FYI, it means something to those who remember counting down the days until it was finally released. ;)

To Quote Roger [dated May 31, 2021]:

I am agreeing to the release of the new Animals remix, with the sleeve notes removed. Good work James Guthrie by the way, and sorry Mark Blake. The final draft of the liner notes was fact checked and agreed as factually correct by me, Nick and Gilmour. Here they are, enjoy, there’s nothing controversial, just a few simple facts.

Back