Quantcast

Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

knifeman

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Mine took two days to get from Bridgeport, NJ to my hometown in PA (about a two hour drive), after leaving Fontana, CA on the 5th, all via UPS. My local post office accepted it at 6:19 AM today, and it was in my mailbox at 12:05 PM. Not complaining but it certainly wasn't USPS that was slow.

THX1136

@ FredBlue: Yes, the stereos are on CD. You're most likely correct that Cap'n & Me was an after the fact mix. For me, Stampede was the one that I thought more likely to be a stereo fold-down. Makes no difference - both albums are darn good in my estimation.

steelydave

Staff member
Since 2002/2003
1599789643254.png

Jac Holzman, who oversaw W/E/A's entire quad program was maybe even more correct than he realized, based on the reviews of this set in the poll thread. I wonder if he knows these mixes have been reissued?

(Also bonus modern content, Jac is the father of Adam Holzman, keyboardist in Steven Wilson's band.)

quadex

Well folks-I'm happy to report my Doobies Quadio set arrived today. So here's what happened:

1. Turn on QRX-9001
2. Load DTS player with "Toulouse Street"
2. Turn on black light poster
3. Turn on rolling color Sansui sign- (see my avatar)
3. Chair placed in center of listening room
4. Adult beverage in left hand
5. QBL-100 joystick remote in right hand
6. Hit play on DTS remote
7. Wipe away tears of audio joy..... :)

Sonic gourmet for the ears and worth every minute we've waited. I promise your patience will be rewarded.

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Yes halfway thru Toulouse street
Sounds wonderful plenty of bass.

Guess I'm going to have to look for a black light now 🙃

I want to point out this is a class A job from the clamshell box gatefold covers insert and CD liner sheets. A lot of love went into this and Rhino and Steve Woolard should be proud.

cleverheel

I ordered Aug. 7th and says exactly the same thing.....still no reply to my contact with customer service either....been waiting since the weekend!!!
Also ordered Aug 7th - no movement since the "your order has shipped" email - finally decided to contact Rhino customer service just now. Delays are one thing, but some communication would seem appropriate. Patiently waiting here in MN :whistle: . Hopefully at the very least they respond to our inquiries. Isn't this why we pre-ordered???

drphibes

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Got mine today, blundered ripping Toulouse street, so I've started with The Captain and Me.

I am pretty unfamiliar with the Doobies outside the really big hits. I was in the same boat with Chicago when that Quadio set came out.

Just like the Chicago set, I'm having a blast hearing the deep tracks from this band for the first time, and in Quad. Vivo Quadio!