Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been tracking mine as I don't even have an audio system assembled at the moment...but it was in my mailbox today..
IMG_2297.JPG
IMG_2298.JPG
IMG_2299.JPG
IMG_2300.JPG

The packaging is simple but effective...no damage at all

two of the Eagles quads were rumored to exist, does anyone know if they're actually known to exist unreleased?

I think this rumor was based on advertising announcing their “upcoming” release. In nearly half a century since I recall no evidence surfacing of the mixes existing or even being performed. Keep in mind there were several major releases — including Ringo’s Ringo and Ohio Players’ Skin Tight that were actually listed as available in the Schwann catalog but never turned up.

My belief is the mixes were never done.

Just got mine and spot-listened to some of my favorite tracks across the four albums. Biggest highlight so far is how much more detailed "Black Water" sounds. It's amazing hearing the intro fade-in with no tape hiss or surface noise! The only thing that jumped out at me as a bit odd is that "China Grove" is loaded with treble, at least compared to the 5.1 version on the DVD-A. Right from the intro guitar riff, it sounds weirdly different to me. I really had to back off the volume on that track. Back to listening...

The Doobies have entered the building...:)
Packaging is actually very good. Initially, when I saw thin white plastic envelope, I wasn't impressed. But upon opening it, I saw it wrapped in cardboard.
Hope everyone else will also receive theirs soon if they have not already.
Really looking forward to listening to this one...

Mine said "Still processing" up until this morning, where now it says it's about 30 miles away.

I think they erred in emailing out those shipping notices a week early. That was probably a computer thing. But really, if mine is 30 miles away basically one working day after release day, then I would bet most of you end up with the thing this week, which is really pretty good IMHO.

As always, things can still get fucked up from there to here! :)

View attachment 56099

The tracking info I get from the link in my original shipping notice still reads "Package departed UPS Mail Innovations facility enroute to USPS for induction"--on September 5th.

BUT: this morning I noticed that listed in the right-hand column of that page is an "Alternate Tracking Number." I plugged in that number and voila!--the package shows up as being received at the P.O. in the next town south of here yesterday afternoon. Hoping for a new Quadio baby on my doorstep today or tomorrow...

Last edited:
Doobies Collection.jpg

The sleeves replicating the CD-4 jackets are really detailed, but they didn't capture every nuance. For instance, The Captain and Me's original jacket had a bit of extra text stating "remixed for quadraphonic sound at Warner Brothers Recording Studios in Hollywood" that's not on the miniaturized version in the set. Not a complaint by any means, just an interesting observation.

Captain Back Cover.jpg

Back