'The Beatles' (White Album) [50th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-ray Disc!]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Glass Onion. The clarity is breathtaking and the strings in stereo are beautiful. But there are some glaring absent details (and some new ones popping). Most notably, I think, the second voice (Paul?) screaming with the last "Yeah" around 1:25 (in the youtube link above, 1:15 in the original), that isn't here. It also lost some of its roughness, to be honest. But it's worth the clarity, and I'm sure it will be stunning coming from all sides. I just missed a beat when I realised it's a week and I'll be sitting here listening to the White Album in surround sound. Still hard to believe this is actually happening.

Will wait for some reviews on here before making the decision to buy. Bought Sgt Peppers It was kind of meh and no sense discussing pepper any further. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the white album is more adventurous.

I hear what your saying. For me, I'm ok with paying essentially $140 for just one Blu-ray. If there are five good surround mixes, I'm ok with that. I'll get a nice book, tons of Demo and outtakes. And the Mono version in Hi- Rez. If all the surround mixes are great, so much the better. It sounds like a lot of thought went into this. Finally, the novelty of the release makes this worth it. Heh, this is what I'm telling myself as $140 bucks flies away. But what the hell, it's a Christmas present. And, you watch, one day we'll see these go for $500 on eBay.

I hear what your saying. For me, I'm ok with paying essentially $140 for just one Blu-ray. If there are five good surround mixes, I'm ok with that. I'll get a nice book, tons of Demo and outtakes. And the Mono version in Hi- Rez. If all the surround mixes are great, so much the better. It sounds like a lot of thought went into this. Finally, the novelty of the release makes this worth it. Heh, this is what I'm telling myself as $140 bucks flies away. But what the hell, it's a Christmas present. And, you watch, one day we'll see these go for $500 on eBay.
Agree with what you wrote, I know I will have a very short wait once this is released. I respect the group on here to provide prompt and very articulated and honest reviews that I can trust and from there it will be fairly easy decision. Lol if it that good I will not hesitate to purchase it in November you gave me a chill when you said $500 on eBay because you are correct about that.

Agree with what you wrote, I know I will have a very short wait once this is released. I respect the group on here to provide prompt and very articulated and honest reviews that I can trust and from there it will be fairly easy decision. Lol if it that good I will not hesitate to purchase it in November you gave me a chill when you said $500 on eBay because you are correct about that.

Yes, when I'm not sure if I should buy a title, I usually wait for the reviews, and perhaps a Black Friday sale. Our members here have their eyes on all the sales and coupon codes. Once, I waited six months and was able to get the deluxe Beatles MMT Box set much cheaper than the standard Blu-ray edition (I posted about the sale). One thing to keep in mind, if or when there are price drops posted here, you have to jump on them. But only if you're positive you want a certain title.

You mean you would be happy if five of the songs out of 30 are good in surround? Or you expect 5 whole programs in surround?

Hopefully, Amazon's shipping is on time. AND - - this takes the bad taste away from the ISOTLC debacle.

whitealbum.jpg

You gotta admit Jon....this is a pretty exciting release. I cannot wait to see this box in all it's glory...sitting on my doorstep. Whoop

For me the White Album just brings me back to a great time in my life...the party lifestyle was in full swing...but Hendrix takes it to another level..on the same day...no less...and the triangle will be completed when the other Hendrix in stereo is released...this brings back the days when Bungalow Bill was a fixture in my conversations with my stoned friends...and if they do one song right...please let it be... While My Guitar Gently Weeps...and what can I say about Rocky Raccoon...what lyrics..

I just wonder what the past members who are no longer with us would have thought about these releases...when I lurked on here before I joined... I used to follow some of the old posts.. and I got a feel for some of the past posters...I'd love to find that old thread from the old forum about the wish list for future releases...we have been able to get quite a few of them..

Friday might be the greatest single day for me receiving music if all parties do what they are supposed to....I made a last minute deal with the devil(amazon)to get Friday delivery on Hendrix and the Beatles and the Moose just told me Friday Tull will be IN THE HOUSE....if all 3 come thru...I'll be locked up in here for days...no leaving the crib...making notes...making jokes...but no "tokes"...good thing I don't get high anymore....this might be enough music to push me over the edge and suffer a break from reality...man I miss those days...geeze...just freewheeling...no worries...that Bob Marley approach to life..

I still can’t bring myself to buy this only because of its price.

I was thinking how much did this album originally cost in 1968 and what is that worth in 2018 dollars?

Surprisingly $76 if it cost $10 then:

http://www.in2013dollars.com/1968-dollars-in-2018?amount=10

Maybe not too much of a premium for 5.1 and the extras after all! I’m going to have to pull the trigger if the reviews look good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back