The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and then there is me. A lifelong Detroit Lions fan. One playoff victory since their 1957 Championship. Let me tell ya, its a tough gig !!!
I will watch the Detroit Rams tonite ( we Lions fans get our victories vicariously through Matthew Stafford ) .
Barry Sanders fans feel your pain. Sanders and Stafford were the only reasons to watch the Lions play on thanksgiving day.

and then there is me. A lifelong Detroit Lions fan. One playoff victory since their 1957 Championship. Let me tell ya, its a tough gig !!!
I will watch the Detroit Rams tonite ( we Lions fans get our victories vicariously through Matthew Stafford ) .
Hi cbmmm3,
As a lifetime Packer fan, I really think the Lions are headed in the right direction. That was good of the Lions to trade Stafford to the Rams since he was probably never going to get a SB ring with Detroit.
...& the Loins did beat GB the last game of 2021 reg. season.
GB never recovered from that & went on to lose ASAP in the playoffs.
Hope you guys have a good yr. ( but not a great yr.)

Last edited:
Hi cbmmm3,
As a lifetime Packer fan, I really think the Lions are headed in the right direction. That was good of the Lions to trade Stafford to the Rams since he was probably never going to get a SB ring with Detroit.
...& the Loins did beat GB the last game of 2021 reg. season.
GB never recovered from that & went on loss Asap in the playoffs.
Hope you guys have a good yr. ( but not a great yr.)

thank you Imbobman. We Lions fans talk of hope every year. We swear off drinking the Kool Aid and then - somehow - we end up drinking it and saying 'this is the year". Last game of the regular season this year is at Lambeau - in early January !! What Lions team will be there ? The 3- 13 team or the 6 - 10 team - or the 10 and 6 team ? Pour me another cup of Kool Aid please..........

Last edited:
Nothing about NFL but when we went to Chicago in 2015, my wife was a part of a study group who had decided to meet at the baseball. I had little interest in it but we bought tickets before we left Sydney. As it turned out, none of the others actually went! My wife and I caught the train to Wrigley Field and watched a fine spectacle between Cubs and Giants from excellent reasonably priced seats. An excellent nights entertainment

10-10 at half. The way the game started I thought the Bills would be up by at least 14 but I guess there is a reason why the Rams are the reigning champions.

They sure look like the best team in the NFL tonight.
I guess you might project that image when you dismantle the reigning Super Bowl champs on national TV in their house on the day they raise their championship banner. Imagine what the score might have been without the 4 Bills turnovers. :eek:

Bring on the Titans next Monday. Go Bills!

I guess you might project that image when you dismantle the reigning Super Bowl champs on national TV in their house on the day they raise their championship banner. Imagine what the score might have been without the 4 Bills turnovers. :eek:

Bring on the Titans next Monday. Go Bills!
My take is that the Bills will be on mission to make everyone pay for the loss at KC in last season's playoffs. So that's at least two Jet games I won't have to bother to watch.

My take is that the Bills will be on mission to make everyone pay for the loss at KC in last season's playoffs. So that's at least two Jet games I won't have to bother to watch.
The AFC East teams will finish in the following order: Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets. I also expect the Bills will be the No. 1 seed, with a bye week in the playoffs(sorry KC). Now I’ve said it publicly and I live in Massachusetts. Belicheck and NE had a great run but Mac Jones is no Josh Allen. Allen has an arm like a rifle, he can run, and he’s hard to tackle. Jones is smart and accurate with his throws but he doesn’t have Allen’s natural gifts. Allen, Mahomes and Lamar(Jackson, not GOS’s cat) are the most exciting young QBs in the NFL.

I’ll leave it to his Snoodness to talk about Las Vegas. 🤗

The AFC East teams will finish in the following order: Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets. I also expect the Bills will be the No. 1 seed, with a bye week in the playoffs(sorry KC). Now I’ve said it publicly and I live in Massachusetts. Belicheck and NE had a great run but Mac Jones is no Josh Allen. Allen has an arm like a rifle, he can run, and he’s hard to tackle. Jones is smart and accurate with his throws but he doesn’t have Allen’s natural gifts. Allen, Mahomes and Lamar(Jackson, not GOS’s cat) are the most exciting young QBs in the NFL.

I’ll leave it to his Snoodness to talk about Las Vegas. 🤗
My fear is that Allen will suffer an injury on one of those running plays. He's big and difficult to bring down; it hurts to hit him; but NFL runners don't last that long. He needs to learn to slide early like the 'old man' in Tampa.

always been a Bills fan. Would love to see them win it all. That Josh Allen is impressive !. So predictions on sleepers and over achiever's folks ?
Ill go Steelers AFC and Vikings NFC

What are your predictions?

always been a Bills fan. Would love to see them win it all. That Josh Allen is impressive !. So predictions on sleepers and over achiever's folks ?
Ill go Steelers AFC and Vikings NFC

What are your predictions?
The post-Ben Steelers.... really?
What is the definition of over achiever... winning the division?

As a Ravens fan I am more worried about the Bengals than the Steelers (even though division games are always close,,, so who knows).

My fear is that Allen will suffer an injury on one of those running plays. He's big and difficult to bring down; it hurts to hit him; but NFL runners don't last that long. He needs to learn to slide early like the 'old man' in Tampa.
You stole my thunder there AR surround. I also was going to mention about Allen getting hurt. He really took some shots in the Ram game. I was a bit surprised he was almost laughing on some of those plays. A tough guy!
I don't want him to get hurt & hope he doesn't but if he keeps taking off like that & doesn't slide, he will get hurt. Its 11 against 1 & many of the defenders are bigger/stronger than him. When he takes off & doesn't slide, he's not protected anymore by rule as he could be. Ask RG3, Michael Vick or Dak Prescott...
When these are young they feel invincible😀...but that's an Illusion.
Seems like some folks are already giving the Bills the Lombardi trophy after only 1 game🤔...

Last edited:
The post-Ben Steelers.... really?
What is the definition of over achiever... winning the division?

As a Ravens fan I am more worried about the Bengals than the Steelers (even though division games are always close,,, so who knows).
no, over achieving - IMHO - is winning substantially more games than the experts predicted, having the media all talk about the team. kinda like if the Lions were to win 8 or 9 games ( now that would me more like a miracle, not an achievement ) . Yes - post Ben Steelers are supposed to be ho hum. I think they will be 9 or 10 game winners. Vikings win 11 games.

Back