The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey. What can I tell you. The NFL had to find a way to make money during the off season.

I agree, this is a totally manufactured event. However, there are enough NFL fanatics that will buy into it to make it bigger than it is. Kudos for the NFL finding a way to make something genuinely boring into something that lots of people watch.
Is there betting on the draft? I mean, do people actually bet on which team will take whom? Or at what number a person will be drafted, such as Brady at 199?

Meanwhile, for the 2023 NFL season the Lions will be footing the bill for Matt Patricia to be the “senior defensive assistant”(IOW, defensive coordinator without the actual title) for the Philadelphia Eagles. As you know, being named a “coordinator” would invalidate his contract agreement with Detroit. Patricia, of course, totally sucked at running the Patriots offense alongside Joe Judge in 2022. And yes, the Lions footed the bill for that failed experiment. With the Eagles, however, he will take on a role that he’s actually good at.

Meanwhile, for the 2023 NFL season the Lions will be footing the bill for Matt Patricia to be the “senior defensive assistant”(IOW, defensive coordinator without the actual title) for the Philadelphia Eagles. As you know, being named a “coordinator” would invalidate his contract agreement with Detroit. Patricia, of course, totally sucked at running the Patriots offense alongside Joe Judge in 2022. And yes, the Lions footed the bill for that failed experiment. With the Eagles, however, he will take on a role that he’s actually good at.
wow !!!! Did not know that. Will he get a percentage of the SuperBowl purse too ? By the way --good luck with that loser. He is a real tool

wow !!!! Did not know that. Will he get a percentage of the SuperBowl purse too ? By the way --good luck with that loser. He is a real tool
Not an Eagles fan; I live in New England (no flames please LOL). He coached the Patriots defense to a SB or two, so he at least had those skills once upon a time. And yes, we all know what a stinker he was when he was with Detroit.

speaking of gambling.................

typical Lions. Geesus. WTF !! Sooooo typical...............always a momentum buster

Four Detroit Lions, including last year's first-round pick Jameson Williams, were among five players suspended by the NFL for violating the league's gambling policy, the NFL announced Friday.
I just read the article and then came here looking for your post. The Lions fan base should sue these guys for ”mental abuse.” Blue Koolaid…

I made the mistake the other day of watching the Kings / Oilers highlights. The Kings came back from two goals down with 10 minutes left. They tied the game with 16 seconds left and then won in overtime. The usual culprits, Kopitar and Doughty, made big plays...a recurrence of my 2014 nightmare...3 of 4 Ranger losses to the Kings in Overtime, including Alex Martinez's Cup winner

:cool: Watching you, game 2 not so bad. Bring on the Rangers.🤣

:cool: Watching you, game 2 not so bad. Bring on the Rangers.🤣
The Leafs would definitely have the tougher route having to deal with the Bruins. The Rangers are quite capable of taking out every other playoff team in the Metropolitan Division. As to actually doing so...well, that's another story.

I'm watching the Rangers on TV tonight. Every time I watch them, they lose.

The Leafs would definitely have the tougher route having to deal with the Bruins. The Rangers are quite capable of taking out every other playoff team in the Metropolitan Division. As to actually doing so...well, that's another story.

I'm watching the Rangers on TV tonight. Every time I watch them, they lose.
Sorry, the Devils made me post this. So happy in Leaf-land.

The Rangers: I watched. They lost. 🙃
No surprise, you're usually right. The celebrity crowd were not amused.

🏈
21fc09e1-6fac-4726-b1e8-08829ad9caba-roc-56jkrbo4jvtfdgeo2xt_original.jpg

🏈

someone just pointed out that the Detroit Lions number 1 draft pick from last year ( Jameson Williams ) has just as many league suspensions as he does career Lions receptions to date ( another grandiose pick Lions..................was Millen somehow involved ? )

someone just pointed out that the Detroit Lions number 1 draft pick from last year ( Jameson Williams ) has just as many league suspensions as he does career Lions receptions to date ( another grandiose pick Lions..................was Millen somehow involved ? )

ouch - then some smart ass pointed at that the suspensions / receptions ( a total of 1 ) is the same as the Lions playoff wins since 1957

"C'mon baby make it hurt so good....."

Back