The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm watching the Jets press conference live right now with the introduction of Rodgers. He came across pretty good but of course he always does in these situations
&! though I'm glad to see him go, I still think he's a smart, charming guy!
But the honeymoon has just begun my friend.....
Lots of love from the media & management😍..... but as the song goes ' will you still love me tomorrow...🎵'
Looks like he got a hair cut.. Makes him look 10 years younger....
I heard he will attend all the minicamp sort of events for Jets, good move! He had quit going to most of those at GB & it hurt the team. Also, he got to where he never would even take a snap in preseason. That also hurt GB a lot because they always started the season slow & do poorly coming out of the gate.
I'm really looking forward to seeing Jets games this year & how things work out! It's sort of funny how he's following more & more in Favre's footsteps... Yes, the more things change, the more they remain the same.... Is he going to wind up in Minnesota in a few yrs like Favre did? I HOPE NOT.
I'm glad GB doesn't have to play the Jets this year!
I sincerely wish Rodgers well....

Last edited:
I'm watching the Jets press conference live right now with the introduction of Rodgers. He comes across pretty good. Though I'm glad to see him go, he is a smart, charming guy! But the honeymoon has just begun my friends......
Lots of love from the media & management😍..... but ' will you still love me tomorrow...🎵'
Looks like he got a hair cut.. Makes him look 10 years younger....
I heard he will attend all the minicamp sort of events for Jets.Good move! He had quit going to most of those at GB & it hurt the team. Also, he got to where he never would even take a snap in preseason. That hurt GB because they always started the season poorly!
I'm looking forward to seeing Jets games this year & now things work out! It's sort of funny how he's following more & more in Favors footsteps... Yes, the more things change, the more they remain the same.... Is he going to wind up in Minnesota in a few yrs? I HOPE NOT.
I sincerely wish Rodgers well....

Rodgers just may thrive with the Jets because he loves the limelight...and he's cocky. Whether things go well for the team or not, the coming season (heck, starting now) will be a media circus. Remember these guys:

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 3.00.20 PM.png

. Also, he got to where he never would even take a snap in preseason.
Pretty much agree with everything else but I noticed last season that a lot of teams' stars didn't do much in the preseason games. That might be the new norm as the prevalence of injuries can derail a team before the season starts. There are only 3 preseason games now which means less of a cushion to recover from a preseason injury. Also coaches may be able to evaluate the unsigned players in a shorter time if the stars aren't out there.

And so it begins (today)....
1682604071675.png

The Union Station in Kansas City, St Louis, Chicago, & Los Angeles all have their different styles. What they have in common is they are friggin' big. Massive structures with extremely high ceilings, big ornate windows, lots of external architectural embellishments. In KC they have built a draft stage so huge it almost covers the train station. You just see a bit of the roof peeking over. It will be at least be interesting to me to see how it looks in the background on TV.

But otherwise I got music to listen to.

I have set the DVR to watch at least tonight. Niners don't pick until 3rd round havin' given' up everything for a High School Quarterback, Trey Lance, is that 3 years ago now. Time flies.
I won’t watch but I will check in every 30 minutes to get updates.
I wont watch either. Ill just get the summary version tomorrow morn online.
Perhaps they should have commissioned special Super Bowl type commercials. Then Mrs. Surround would watch it.

And so it begins (today)....
View attachment 90979

The Union Station in Kansas City, St Louis, Chicago, & Los Angeles all have their different styles. What they have in common is they are friggin' big. Massive structures with extremely high ceilings, big ornate windows, lots of external architectural embellishments. In KC they have built a draft stage so huge it almost covers the train station. You just see a bit of the roof peeking over. It will be at least be interesting to me to see how it looks in the background on TV.

But otherwise I got music to listen to.
Wow, great looking venue. Thanks for reminder about the draft tonight.
I'll record it & FF thru it.
I know nothing about who's who in the draft except that GB is @ #13. Highest they've drafted in years!
Please DON'T take a qb! I've been through enough of that lately.....

I have set the DVR to watch at least tonight. Niners don't pick until 3rd round havin' given' up everything for a High School Quarterback, Trey Lance, is that 3 years ago now. Time flies.
Plus Trey Lance was the 3rd player taken overall. That's a very high pick.
I wouldn't give up on him just yet. SF did let Jimmy G. go so they must still think Lance may be the guy...

Last edited:
Plus Trey Lance was the 3rd player taken overall. That's a very high pick.
I wouldn't give up on him just yet. SF did let Jimmy G. go so the must still think Lance may be the guy...
I hate Trey Lance, well not him as a person, but I have watched him in Training Camp, Pre Season games, he played one year as a college player, not even in a big conference.
I don't know what the Niners where thinking, I am pretty sure he will be gone if Brock Purdy has a real good comeback after surgery.
Trey Lance stays in the pocket too long and gets sacked, his sideline passes are horrendous and his over the middle passes generally too high.

they needed a corner back and a defensive lineman. they draft a running back and a linebacker ????????????????????? read what the experts are saying. they are giving Detroit an F grade for first day of draft. 66 years and they still shant in their panties
Although they drafted two very talented players, so if they can prove in training camp they are starter-quality, then other guys could be traded or cut for salary cap relief.
Looks like they were using the "best available" on their board method of drafting as opposed to drafting by positional need.

Although they drafted two very talented players, so if they can prove in training camp they are starter-quality, then other guys could be traded or cut for salary cap relief.
Looks like they were using the "best available" on their board method of drafting as opposed to drafting by positional need.
Zach Wilson

they needed a corner back and a defensive lineman. they draft a running back and a linebacker ????????????????????? read what the experts are saying. they are giving Detroit an F grade for first day of draft. 66 years and they still shant in their panties
I hope Detroit isn't reverting back to their old ways🤔 ...But they did need a RB with J. Williams leaving.... I was amazed at all the high draft picks Detroit had! Must have been via trades.
I saw on day 2 Lions took a qb.... I wish the Jets would just to get under Rodgers skin!!😄
...on a totally unrelated subject, I thought ESPN's draft coverage was terrible. Half the time they are talking about some folksy crap not related at all to a draft pick or football. What, the Jonas brothers? 😂LOL
I M O, most of the fans there are nuts! Makes me laugh for all the wrong reasons!

Last edited:
Zach Wilson
Good point! Zach Wilson/ Trey Lance= bookends. I still get a laugh hearing all the 'draft experts' Rave on & on about some QB being a can't miss.....
The best QBs in the game right now weren't taken in the first few picks! Yes, most were 1st round selections but later in the round.
This year it was Bryce Young. I'd say he doesn't become the next great QB...

Back