The Pineapple Thief - Give It Back (5.1 / Dolby Atmos BluRay)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got into TPT because of Where We Stood: there was so much stuff on the Blu-ray I couldn't pass and figured it was an occasion do discover them and I got hooked. I bought everything after and started getting into the back catalogue. I managed to find Variations On A Dream and 3000 Days on an obscure online record shop (along with the 2CD version of Up The Downstair from PT). My local record shop has most discs (they even carry The Soord Sessions which I thought I could never get because of shipping cost), but the 2CD version of 10 Stories Down is quite hard to find.
One of the venues I attended frequently around 2008 (The Peel in Kingston-upon-Thames, London) would have a guy from Cyclops selling their CDs and I picked up all of the "first editions" back then. I still have a sealed copy of the two CD edition of "Variations" that I had to weigh, just to confirm that it was actually the 2CD version!

It's great that Kscope have such a strong relationship with Bruce and The Pineapple Thief: I think that bodes well for the earlier material and bonus content getting out again, in some shape or form.

It's great that Kscope have such a strong relationship with Bruce and The Pineapple Thief: I think that bodes well for the earlier material and bonus content getting out again, in some shape or form.

Do the recent KScope reissues of Cyclops material (Abducted At Birth, One Three Seven, etc) have brand new stereo mixes by Bruce or are they just remastered? I've been streaming these and they sound great.

Do the recent KScope reissues of Cyclops material (Abducted At Birth, One Three Seven, etc) have brand new stereo mixes by Bruce or are they just remastered? I've been streaming these and they sound great.
"Abducted at Birth" was remixed and remastered for the 2017 re-release under Kscope. AFAIK "One Three Seven" was just remastered for it's re-release.

I think I did not get engaged until "Your Wilderness". I simply was not aware of them. Only in recent times have I re-engaged with spotify, etc and radio around here is a zero for modern music.
But I'm in now, brothers and sisters for TPT and Bruce Soord solo as well!
Anyway I'm looking forward to this release. Glad to see Gavin taking a part in the remixing and, well, everything. Got to say again I'm a big fan of his.

I started getting into TPT after hearing Soord's collaboration with Renkse "Wisdom of Crowds" around 2015. That led me to Magnolia and their Live 2014 release. I've bought their subsequent releases, and I've started streaming their back catalogue on Apple music, beginning with Abducted at Birth. I have to say it's really good stuff, somewhat reminiscent of Porcupine Tree, but also different. I look forward to this new release.
I hear a lot of eclectic influences coming through on those early albums, particularly the first two - Abducted and 137. He wrote with a lot of freedom back then, as he was developing his style and skills. I also think a lot of that freedom came back in his two solo albums and also found it's way into Versions of the Truth.

Back