Warner: DVD Albums To Replace DualDiscs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work in the audio industry (retail end), and we sell all the turntables we can get. And it isn't all old farts coming in for them, either!
I still use my turntable quite a bit, and have been transferring many of my favorite LP's to CD
so I can enjoy them in the car. Many of the younger people today are discovering their parents' record collections and getting a first hand lesson on how we used to listen to our music.
It' a fact that the digital MP3 downloads most of the younger set (and some of my age group, as well) are listening to don't have the fidelity a CD has, and certainly not what an LP can give you. I'm bothered by the fact that they accept an inferior format over something that can better deliver more of the music to the listener, such as SACD or DVD-A. I'm encouraged by the fact that discs of these types are still being produced, but I find it a pain to have to search them out online because no local shop carries them. But if I have to get them online, I will. I could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that.

I would buy The new My Chemical Romance in 5.1 and I know nothing off this band, But Liza Minnelli brings about real fear in me.

I work in the audio industry (retail end), and we sell all the turntables we can get. And it isn't all old farts coming in for them, either!

That's true, whether it's young fans of rock'n'roll or hip-hop, where vinyl has always been a friend (although CD turntables and Serato has changed that a bit, at least from a DJ'ing/producing perspective.)

That's true, whether it's young fans of rock'n'roll or hip-hop, where vinyl has always been a friend (although CD turntables and Serato has changed that a bit, at least from a DJ'ing/producing perspective.)

People are discovering the joys of vinyl all over again. I doubt we'll ever see the record companies tool up to press records again the way they used to. That's why companies like Acoustic Sounds are doing well with reissues in vinyl, even some cut at 45 rpm, as well as a great selection of MC SACD's and DVD-A.

People are discovering the joys of vinyl all over again. I doubt we'll ever see the record companies tool up to press records again the way they used to. That's why companies like Acoustic Sounds are doing well with reissues in vinyl, even some cut at 45 rpm, as well as a great selection of MC SACD's and DVD-A.

This conversation is a little off the thread title; but yeah' I've picked up a few 45 rpm audiophile pressings, and they sound great! I'm listening to the bonus 45 rpm disc of Donovan "Storyteller". Wonderful sounding LP!

By the way, I went to see Donovan perfom last evening at the Renaissance Theater in Mansfield, as he kicked off his new tour there. Awesome show! He is a master at the acoustic guitar, and he's still got it. He must be in his sixties and his voice still sounds great. I had an 8th row center seat on the isle. If his tour comes close to any of you, I highly recomend you get tickets!

Dennis :smokin

This conversation is a little off the thread title; but yeah' I've picked up a few 45 rpm audiophile pressings, and they sound great! I'm listening to the bonus 45 rpm disc of Donovan "Storyteller". Wonderful sounding LP!

By the way, I went to see Donovan perfom last evening at the Renaissance Theater in Mansfield, as he kicked off his new tour there. Awesome show! He is a master at the acoustic guitar, and he's still got it. He must be in his sixties and his voice still sounds great. I had an 8th row center seat on the isle. If his tour comes close to any of you, I highly recomend you get tickets!

Dennis :smokin

If you like Donovan, be sure to pick up the Audio Fidelity Super Audio CD of his songs. It's a Stereo SACD (not Surround Sound) but still worth a listen.

Tell me about it. Got Black and Blue going on the turntable right now. Bought 15 mint LP's for $20 a few weeks back, the price of 1 smelly CD!

A friend of mine owns a high end audio shop, and he had a customer's vinyl collection to help sell them. I went through the collection, pulled out all the quad LP's, and walked out with 17 albums for $1 each. All are in great shape; all classical, and well worth the money. I'm going to make CD's from them, but these were all some great recordings that I know I'll enjoy. My musical tastes are very eclectic.

Back