• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

mattB2

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Joe Bonamassa British Blues Explosion Live Blu-ray. Excellent concert, well filmed and with good sound. Band is in the front speakers and the audience in the rears so it's not a surround experience as such but the performance is great. Currently only $9.99 on Joe's website. Highly recommended.

Reactions: GOS

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Peter Gabriel - Growing up
Impresionante........perfect 5.1 mix, with voices and sounds in all the speakers, and the performance is....😲
Please, the one who doesn't have it, buy it now

View attachment 51209
I saw him on that tour in Birmingham, it was brilliant. I have the DVD. Is that the Blu-ray you're watching? Is it an improvement?

bgf1973

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Yes, it is The blu ray. I don’t have the dvd but The blu ray is stunning for video and sound Quality

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Peter Gabriel - Growing up
Impresionante........perfect 5.1 mix, with voices and sounds in all the speakers, and the performance is....😲
Please, the one who doesn't have it, buy it now

View attachment 51209
La ostia...yo vi el unico concierto de esta gira en Hispania..bueno, fue en Cataluña...estaba medio vacio el Palau St Chordi..estaba justo al frente... casi podia tocar al Tony Levin!

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
It's very good, not just ambient rears, the aeroplanes that fly from and into the stage fly right overhead, the annoying bits are Waters driving around with his brother and visiting the war memorial, would be nice if it was just the concert.
That would annoy me as well as I want to see the concert, they should have added the driving around as a documentary. :unsure: maybe its one to get and hack about. Does the driving around appear as chapters, so way too integrated into the disc?

svengaleekie

701 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
That would annoy me as well as I want to see the concert, they should have added the driving around as a documentary. :unsure: maybe its one to get and hack about. Does the driving around appear as chapters, so way too integrated into the disc?
You can jump ahead using your remote but it's not very smooth.

boondocks

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Seems like a Blue Oyster Cult day. BOC @ iHeart Radio Theater N.Y.C. 2012 Blu Ray, but with DD 5.1 sound. Getting to be the norm with their concerts.

Yet, also a Steven Wilson day with the Home Invasion Blu Ray. Most excellent sound and video.

Had to have something to help me through washing clothes and reorganizing the closet. Some fool has filled it with empty Blu Ray & DVD player boxes, as well as old video cards, pc fans, tubing, pumps,wire, wire sleeving, power supplies,all sorts of pc crap. But since it all looked useful, I just made room for my T shirts and called it a day. :hi

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Anybody catching this new series on HBO?
Seen the first two episodes, and can say that it's getting more interesting with a deepening story line developing.
* and don't expect anything like the original T.V. show; it's totally different.

perry-mason-hbo-poster-405x600.jpg