What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadwing is indeed available in both:
A "special edition" DVD-V that comes with a 72 page hardback book package, and includes both the CD and DVD-V 5.1 surround sound version. But this doesn't include any of the bonus material or features included on the separately released "DTS" DVD-A edition.
The DVD-A edition imho is vastly superior having PCM stereo 24/48k, DTS 5.1 24/48k and DVD-A 24/48k, but most importantly has 5.1 versions of "Revenant", "Mother & Child Divided" and "Half-light"

The DVD-A is worth the money just to get "Half-light" which was the B side of the Lazarus single and imho is the best song Steven Wilson has ever written and doesn't appear on any other studio album (it's on Atlanta and Anesthetize)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XdTvfH8FWY

The 5.1 version is just chilling.

Definitely agree that the DVD-A is superior - the DVD-V special edition was pretty much an impulse buy when I was at a show in Boston. When I saw that it was signed by each band member, that was the clincher.

Thanks for the info, fellas...don't know if mine is signed, I just got it because JD was selling it (someone sniped the Machine Head DVD-A, though)...

BTW, today I got 3 discs for less than 10 Euros each....new, too!

Elton John-Tumbleweed connection SACD and Madman across water SACD (In amaz*n UK marketplace)
and
Barenaked ladies- Everything to Everyone CD+DVD-A (in fleabay)

Cool!

Can't wait to get 'em in the mail...
besides, I'm gonna have back surgery in Sept. (yes, again...you may call me Titanium man after that) and I'm gonna be at home on sick leave for a month...hope this time the spinal fluid doesn't start pouring out like last time...

Thanks for the info, fellas...don't know if mine is signed, I just got it because JD was selling it (someone sniped the Machine Head DVD-A, though)...

Elton John-Tumbleweed connection SACD and Madman across water SACD (In amaz*n UK marketplace)
and

Cool!

besides, I'm gonna have back surgery in Sept. (yes, again...you may call me Titanium man after that) and I'm gonna be at home on sick leave for a month...hope this time the spinal fluid doesn't start pouring out like last time...

Nice! all great finds kap'n! (y) keeping everything crossed for you for your surgery :) at least you're guaranteed lots of great surround music for your recovery! :friday:

I have Madman, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Tumbleweed and Captain Fantastic. Which EJ SACD's am I missing besides Honky Chateau?
Elton John - Elton John - which is probably my favourite...
Peachtree Road
and the Super Audio CD Sampler
2637.jpg

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Magneto & Titanium man.

and

Cool!

Here's a new one. I wonder if it's any good and if it will make it to a surround format.

http://www.amazon.com/Diving-Deluxe...TF8&qid=1376084812&sr=1-2&keywords=elton+john

doubtful of any surround for The Diving Board, there's a Super Deluxe already announced (out day & date with the regular & deluxe ed's) which has a Live DVD amongst other things and we know these Universal Super Boxes are all too often their preferred format for surround.. plus T Bone's all about the "sound" but I don't get the sensation he's fussed about surround sound.. but I'd like to be proven wrong on both counts.

Blue Moves, Caribou, Rock Of The Westies and Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player all in 5.1 as mixed by Greg Penny for SACD so many (8?) years ago in High-Rez surround are what I'm after.

You forgot one...

the Super Audio CD Sampler
You got it Adam?

2637.jpg

If I'm lucky it'll be in my mailbox later today thanks to leevitalone1!

Great job! good on our levon-it-alone! :D no I don't have it Mike (i know! :yikes an Elton SACD i don't own!? haha!) the last couple of times it's come up on eBay I've been outbid!

remember what we were saying earlier about the impossibility of having everything... ;)

Great job! good on our levon-it-alone! :D no I don't have it Mike (i know! :yikes an Elton SACD i don't own!? haha!) the last couple of times it's come up on eBay I've been outbid!

remember what we were saying earlier about the impossibility of having everything... ;)

Yep - the thought has crossed my mind!!! And according to her library on sa-cd.net Linda doesn't have it either!!! :D

AFAIK - Nothing new on it though....

I have Madman, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Tumbleweed and Captain Fantastic. Which EJ SACD's am I missing besides Honky Chateau?
So, you don't like honky? There is another one called Peachtree Street or something similar, newer music.

The only one I don't have is Peachtree Street and the only ones I've opened and played are Captain Fantastic and the SHM SACD of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back