What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well I got Captain Fantastic, GYBR on both SACD and DVD-A(which kicks the SACD's butt-besides I also got it for a normal price on amaz+n US recently) ad Honky Chateau , which is my favorite....

On another note, I recently got BNL- Everything to Everyone eon DVD-A used from Zoverstocks (amaz*n marketplace) and it arrived and was skipping all over on my OPPO(!!)...took a good look at it and noticed that it had been polished to death , looks like it was REALLY scratched and some idiot thought that , if you polish it enough, it'll go away...well , yes , it does..ALONG WITH THE LAYERS/PITS AND THE INFO!!!!!
Returned it and haven't received a full refund ...heck , it cost me about 6 Euros to return it, almost what I paid for it...so buyer beware....

The only one I don't have is Peachtree Street and the only ones I've opened and played are Captain Fantastic and the SHM SACD of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

that's "Peachtree Road", 2004 album, not bad not essential, surround mix is solid but not like the spectacular Greg Penny mixes of the classic albums.

how comes you haven't opened and played them all yet? it's not like they're valuable or rare, keeping the Elton's sealed above most other SACDs seems a bit of a waste when they're still so commonplace.

well I got Captain Fantastic, GYBR on both SACD and DVD-A(which kicks the SACD's butt-besides I also got it for a normal price on amaz+n US recently) ad Honky Chateau , which is my favorite....

On another note, I recently got BNL- Everything to Everyone eon DVD-A used from Zoverstocks (amaz*n marketplace) and it arrived and was skipping all over on my OPPO(!!)...took a good look at it and noticed that it had been polished to death , looks like it was REALLY scratched and some idiot thought that , if you polish it enough, it'll go away...well , yes , it does..ALONG WITH THE LAYERS/PITS AND THE INFO!!!!!
Returned it and haven't received a full refund ...heck , it cost me about 6 Euros to return it, almost what I paid for it...so buyer beware....

you need Tumbleweed! the best-sounding of all the SACDs that made it out, with a superb M/C mix, the most subtle of the GP 5.1's at times but when it gets discrete oh does it ever (crazy quad-like panning of Mick Ronson's guitar in the bonus track/alt version of Madman! its insane BUT it fits with the song and the performance perfectly[/I] - that one track is pure 5.1 demo material!) and with no singles there's so many great songs to discover on Tumbleweed, quite unlike the typical Elton album!

that's a real shame about the Barenakeds :( are you specifically looking for the DualDisc? only I come across the DVD-A (in regular oversized super jewel plus case) fairly regularly.

you need Tumbleweed! the best-sounding of all the SACDs that made it out, with a superb M/C mix, the most subtle of the GP 5.1's at times but when it gets discrete oh does it ever (crazy quad-like panning of Mick Ronson's guitar in the bonus track/alt version of Madman! its insane BUT it fits with the song and the performance perfectly[/I] - that one track is pure 5.1 demo material!) and with no singles there's so many great songs to discover on Tumbleweed, quite unlike the typical Elton album!

that's a real shame about the Barenakeds :( are you specifically looking for the DualDisc? only I come across the DVD-A (in regular oversized super jewel plus case) fairly regularly.

well , Tumbleweed is on its way (got it cause EVERYONE here is raving about it!!)

The BNL is a CD and DVD separately AFAIK...cost me 99 cents..new!(this 2nd time)

well , Tumbleweed is on its way (got it cause EVERYONE here is raving about it!!)

The BNL is a CD and DVD separately AFAIK...cost me 99 cents..new!(this 2nd time)

its worthy of the raving!

there's 3 different versions of the BNL, DualDisc (in rounded edge DD case with press button clasp/lock), 2-disc set with separate CD+DVD-A and standalone DVD-A in super jewel plus case.

Just got the "Deadwing" DTS 48/24...really nice! ..not signed ,but I don't care...excellent mix and a very "approachable" PT disc...MELODIES!

Hah! Snap! I got a copy of that for 99 cents new/sealed also of BnL - ETE CD/DVD!!!! Bargain of the century!!! On-sold it for 10 times the price :D

In both performance and fidelity, Soul Vaccination is one of the BEST 2ch SACD's!

B00004YC0E.03._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The only thing that turns me on is when I hear a soulful song.
Soul with a Capital S Live at Montreux '06: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpMW7WrUW4o

Vangelis - Blade Runner SACD
Tower of Power - Soul Vaccination Live SACD
Jane Monheit - Into the Sun Dualdisc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back