First Look at the 4 New Quadios - QQ Exclusive!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billion Dollar wav forms, for the wav form crowd

View attachment 93148
This is high-level geek stuff for me! You can see that on the quad mix, "Mary Ann" starts cold. And "Generation Landslide" & "Sick Things" are different too.
That's why we couldn't set them up like the others, utilizing the red and yellow buttons to switch from Quadio the Stereo. For that functionality to work both programs have to have the same ID points for each song.

Here is a look at the 3 tracks that Steve (ForagingRhino) called out above, in wav file view.

First Track is 'Generation Landslide'. You can see the quad is significantly longer in time, and there are drums at the end that are not in the stereo

NOTE: You can click these images to get them in a better resolution

Generation Landslide.jpg

Next is 'Sick Things'. In particular, note that the end of the stereo track fades in to the next track, whereas the Quad track has a clean ending, along with being a bit longer in time

Sick Things.jpg

And the last track he mentioned, "Mary Ann". Again, in the stereo it starts as a part of the former track. With the quad version it starts clean and solo, the piano that is.

Mary Ann.jpg

On that note, an Angel Dust surround sound mix (none have been announced or speculated about, to be clear) could be nuts if it took the off-the-wall approach of The Flaming Lips' Yoshimi album.
"Midlife Crisis" is streaming in Atmos on Apple Music, mixed by Will Kennedy & Matt Wallace. They expressed interest in doing the whole album when I interviewed them last year, maybe it'll happen one day.

I wish I could say when and how orders will be shipped. Product fulfillment is handled by Gnarlywood in Vista, California.
Apologies in advance for the very likely scenario of another week's wait.
AWESOME! TY for the information.

I use USPS Informed Delivery and they show a package shipped via
GRD WEA ECOMM GNARLYWOOD / UPS - MI Parcel Select Lightweight--
USPS TrackingĀ® and package is currently in Carlsbad CA at their shipping facility. Hopefully, delivery will be next week. I can hardly wait!šŸ¤©
I wish I could say when and how orders will be shipped. Product fulfillment is handled by Gnarlywood in Vista, California.
Apologies in advance for the very likely scenario of another week's wait.

I ordered the 4 disc bundle and got the separate shipping emails of 3 + 1. The Black Sabbath Paranoid arrived today here in AZ. I had never purchased any heavy metal music except for a CD-4 Black Oak Arkansas LP (because it was quad). The only song I even knew by Black Sabbath was the title song "Paranoid" I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised how good the quad mixes on this Blu-ray sounded! One of the songs even reminds me of King Crimson's "20th Century Schizoid Man" While I'm still a 60's-70's music guy, I am glad I bought this title after all! Just got notice that the other 3 titles will be coming later today!

Last edited:
AWESOME! TY for the information.

I use USPS Informed Delivery and they show a package shipped via
GRD WEA ECOMM GNARLYWOOD / UPS - MI Parcel Select Lightweight--
USPS TrackingĀ® and package is currently in Carlsbad CA at their shipping facility. Hopefully, delivery will be next week. I can hardly wait!šŸ¤©
That is totally "gnarly" dude

Any way of buying out of Rhino web? I'm looking at other stores and it seems it's only sold by Rhino but I don't want to pay double in customs.

Regards.

Any way of buying out of Rhino web? I'm looking at other stores and it seems it's only sold by Rhino but I don't want to pay double in customs.

Regards.
I think Foraging Rhino said in an earlier post they will only be available from the Rhino store

And breaking news my Paranoid has just been delivered!

But where are my other three quadios?
As Rhino only indicated Nightmares in the second shipping notice am I getting one or three Quadios next?

So much for bundle shipping.
Think of all the excess packaging used for our orders.

I am grateful to Rhino and FR for Quadio but they can't keep Wildman Fisher in charge of shipping anymore.

Last edited:
And breaking news my Paranoid has just been deliveted!

As Rhino only indicated Nightmares in the second shipping notice am I getting one or three Quadios next?
Then you are getting one (1) more next. I would take that shipping notice as a notice.

And breaking news my Paranoid has just been delivered!

So much for bundle shipping.
Think of all the excess packaging used for our orders.

I am grateful to Rhino and FR for Quadio but they can't keep Wildman Fisher in charge of shipping anymore.
In the same boat, Paranoid arrived today.
Second shipment for Geils is sitting in Seattle so I expect that to show up early next week.
The Geils shipping notice does not mention the other 2.
For those that received the 3 discs in a single shipment, did your shipping notices clearly indicate all 3 titles?

In the same boat, Paranoid arrived today.
Second shipment for Geils is sitting in Seattle so I expect that to show up early next week.
The Geils shipping notice does not mention the other 2.
For those that received the 3 discs in a single shipment, did your shipping notices clearly indicate all 3 titles?
If it shows, check the shipping weight. If your package is about 0.3 pounds, it probably has just one disc. My separate Geils and Sabbath packages show about the exact same weight which leads me to believe thereā€™s only one disc in each package.

Back