4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Everybody
An update on the Spinners Quadio issue.
Found the problem ("Channel Driver issue" during the mastered audio file output sequence of events I'm told) and it has been resolved so we are re-running the entire production quantity. Too much bother to recall and re-pack the discs.
The 800 or so of those who have ordered / received this title will receive replacement copies. Same packaging. It's a total do-over. Looking at mid-December for those to go out.
On the Rhino web store site, it will now have a "Ships December 15th" or some language like that. (I see it ain't like that yet. Geez.) Okay, still early info obviously.

So the retail date will move but at least that will be fixed product shipping from Amazon or whoever.

Anyway, the good news is if you bought it from the site, we'll send you a new one when product is good to go. Patience.

Apologies and thanks.
Please, when shipping declare a value as small as possible because otherwise those like me in the EC will end up paying VAT and fee taxes again. However, if no value is declared it could also mean problems with customs here.
Thanks

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the feedback on The Spinners seriously. Anyone can make a mistake but the real test is the response and this puts Rhino into the 'great' category for me.

I should also like to add that selling all four in a bundle has encouraged me to buy discs that would not have been on my radar. In this recent release America feels like the album that The Beatles could have released in 1974, Gordon Lightfoot's album is an absolutely wonderful audio experience (even if the songs are a bit more country than I would normally listen to) and Charles Mingus is a total revelation, definitely hitting the spot jazz wise for me.

High quality surround sound discs have opened my eyes to artists I may never have uncovered or even considered in the huge world of stereo. These quadio blu-rays are another example and fabulous. It's impossible to believe the original tapes are 50 years old given the incredible sound quality. I look forward to the next releases with great interest (and add my vote again for Average White Band please, please!)

Hey Everybody
Found the problem ("Channel Driver issue" during the mastered audio file output sequence of events I'm told) and it has been resolved so we are re-running the entire production quantity. Too much bother to recall and re-pack the discs.
The 800 or so of those who have ordered / received this title will receive replacement copies. Same packaging. It's a total do-over. Looking at mid-December for those to go out.
On the Rhino web store site, it will now have a "Ships December 15th" or some language like that. (I see it ain't like that yet. Geez.) Okay, still early info obviously.

So the retail date will move but at least that will be fixed product shipping from Amazon or whoever.

Anyway, the good news is if you bought it from the site, we'll send you a new one when product is good to go. Patience.

Apologies and thanks.
Thanks Steve. This series is amazing. Kudos to you and Rhino

Well, received my shipment up here in Canada today. Unfortunately I was charged HST on the shipment by Customs. Rhino charge me HST on the original order. Anyone else in Canada experience this? Nothing like getting taxed twice.

Well, received my shipment up here in Canada today. Unfortunately I was charged HST on the shipment by Customs. Rhino charge me HST on the original order. Anyone else in Canada experience this? Nothing like getting taxed twice.
I haven't received mine yet, ordered on day one, but I'll probably have the same experience. Last time I'll order from Rhino.

I haven't received mine yet, ordered on day one, but I'll probably have the same experience. Last time I'll order from Rhino

I received my bundle last week and I was surprised to have an additional charge as well. It’s the first time it’s happened with the many out of country orders I have made in the past (with the exception of Japan).

With the discount code from Rhino, it was still cheaper than ordering from Canada for me.

I’ve had that problem with paying double the taxes before. The last time was with an order of the Grateful Dead through dead.net. I really had it out with them over numerous emails and eventually threatened to escalate it legally and they finally gave in and refunded the money. I really had to hound them for it, though.

The reality is that they have no legal right to collect it in the first place - that is the job of Canada Customs. These companies think they can get away with it and just pocket the extra cash for themselves and that doesn’t fly with me.

Luckily, I didn’t order through Rhino.com this time, so I didn’t have this problem but I feel for you guys that did. Fight it out with them until they refund you - they are in the wrong here and you deserve to have it made right. It’s not even all about the money, it’s about the principle.

Over one month later and I can find no evidence of my order. Checking and attempting to re-order would not work via the Chrome browser I switched to Firefox and got things to work. I received my confirmation this time! So starting the clock all over!

The first batch arrived very quickly with no problems!

Well, I gave up on my order ever arriving, so.......

I re-ordered...and this time from Warner Music Canada.

I know my last order was around 3 weeks so this being one month + this is my alternative.

Hope to see the disc's in about 2 weeks time , (I think from Toronto). Sometimes you just gotta do what's gotta be done.

OH WELL..

Well, I gave up on my order ever arriving, so.......

I re-ordered...and this time from Warner Music Canada.

I know my last order was around 3 weeks so this being one month + this is my alternative.

Hope to see the disc's in about 2 weeks time , (I think from Toronto). Sometimes you just gotta do what's gotta be done.

OH WELL..
3 weeks? Must be nice. The first batch took over a month to get to me so I expect this one to be no different.

It was nice, thanks.

If anything i might get two sets.........if I'm lucky.
From L.A. to Winnipeg should never exceed 4 weeks...and this is a month plus!!!
I agree the Quadio’s are the only thing I’ve ordered that’s taken more than 3 weeks to get to me. I ordered on day one and at this point because I’ve waited so long my excitement for these has waned.

Happy to have received the bundle, but got nicked for an additional C$27 by Canada Post. And by the way, for those still waiting, the tracking no. never worked, they just arrived 3 wks after ordering. In the meantime I received 5 sacds from DV in the UK in under one week!!

Hey Everybody

Apologies and thanks.
Very much appreciate Rhino standing behind its product in this way. Doubly so since the sales numbers are surprising. Leaves me feeling a little like a dinosaur, post meteor. Thanks for offering physical discs!

Back