Tim Bowness "Stupid Things That Mean The World" to include 5.1 download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops! Sorry for the duplication - I missed that in my enthusiasm to post. :) Mods: please feel free to delete this thread.
No thanks for posting, otherwise I would have missed this, as the other thread is in the Non surround forum, and I wasn't reading it. (y)

No word if there might be a DVD version also?

Having taken the plunge on 5.1 FLAC downloads for the first time I've taken to producing my own DVD-A with Cirlinca HD Audio Solo Ultra to make an .iso file, then found it was best using imgBurn to burn to DVD, and then Lightscribing the contents onto the disc top.

Having taken the plunge on 5.1 FLAC downloads for the first time I've taken to producing my own DVD-A with Cirlinca HD Audio Solo Ultra to make an .iso file, then found it was best using imgBurn to burn to DVD, and then Lightscribing the contents onto the disc top.

Thanks for the info :)

Thanks :) I'll still go ahead with it but I'd rather a hard copy on DVD and then I can rip it etc myself..

Same here but I do have memory stick which I keep my surround downloads that I have which plays in my Blu ray player so not all bad.

All my 5.1 downloads have been freebees of some kind or another (Temporal by one S Wilson/Bass Communion for instance).

Thanks :) I'll still go ahead with it but I'd rather a hard copy on DVD and then I can rip it etc myself..

Its funny not having an authentic hardcopy on DVD/Blu-ray, in a proper case, with a booklet makes the album seem unreal to me, I don't connect with the music as well, daft, but that's how I find it. So I'll buy physical media for as long as I can. I suspect as the years go on downloads will be pushed at the same price as the physical media is currently, which will fade away or become very expensive. But in the end I want the 5.1 :cool: Neither my Denon Universal player or Pioneer amp will do 5.1 FLAC, and no software upgrade to do it (which is all it would take) which is more than a little annoying :mad:

Its funny not having an authentic hardcopy on DVD/Blu-ray, in a proper case, with a booklet makes the album seem unreal to me, I don't connect with the music as well, daft, but that's how I find it. So I'll buy physical media for as long as I can. I suspect as the years go on downloads will be pushed at the same price as the physical media is currently, which will fade away or become very expensive. But in the end I want the 5.1 :cool: Neither my Denon Universal player or Pioneer amp will do 5.1 FLAC, and no software upgrade to do it (which is all it would take) which is more than a little annoying :mad:

Same here.. I'm (reluctantly) dragging myself over to using the computer for Hi-Res/Surround.. how long can it be before 5.1 downloads with this stuff are our only option? :(

I am still in the process of ripping my music collection and put it on my NAS. For me it turns out very well as I am listening to albums I have not played in ages.

So this Tim Bowness 5.1 will go straight to the NAS to be enjoyed.

Now I do wish that downloads will come down in price, and include the surround mix when available, as I still cannot understand why a download would be (much) more expensive than physical media delivered to your doorstep.

This release is a not a bad way of doing it, double CD in media book with 5.1 FLAC bundled in. CDs are cheap to produce, not sure about the cost of the book, and I'm not sure how much it would cost to produce a DVD-A, but the costs will add up, and sales need to cover that for the artists et al to earn a living or we'll get no more music (which is why I have a deep dislike of pirate sites, don't have any time for those like Spotify either!). When you look at the price of downloads in general, even some of the mp3s cost more than the CD in a lot of cases :yikes

Given Tim's fan-base I'd think that there are not too many that would have not opted for a "deluxe" choice of 2CD + DVD/A over a standard cd...CD standard and 2CD + DVD deluxe. As one of the proprietors if BS I suppose he knows the numbers and takes that all into consideration when releasing this stuff.

I'll take it for what it is and be happy though - savvy enough to make my own disc (or files) fro the listening environments I choose.

Mine was already shipped but no download links yet. Did you get the shipping notice too? I guess I'll have to wait until release date to get the links

Back