A Special Preview of Quadio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I thought Morrison was against surround . . . I have this in 5.1, though, but Atmos -- yes!

I think he may be still. Warner owns the rights to this album though .
Great news for those that missed that little pricey book item .
I may just get this again...excellent price being offered.

I wonder if they also own Tupelo Honey , or His Band And Street Choir ...and have surround plans .

But it sure would be nice if Van got surround involved , What with his incredible Catalogue.

Well it only took 50 years to finally reverse a 70's mistake , but good on QQ for keeping it focused.
I'm in for Gordon Lightfoot , and Charles Mingus , for certain .I'm really starting to like jazz as I age.

And probably The Spinners , as it does have two well known hits. Originally I was not , but changed me mind.

Had both Holiday And Hearts in CD-4 back in the day , but honestly I think I only listened once and they collected dust , so not for me.
For those that do like America all the best.

That's great news that there is quad interest in current artists . Now I'm hoping WEA can remix some older releases , most especially those that had one or two quad albums . There are major gaps in some artists Repertoire such as those by Jackson Browne , Joni Mitchell , Gordon Lightfoot and early Sabbath , just to name a few. Maybe they can offer up some quad mixes of Led Zeppelin !

😍

Oh, boy…here we go. First I re-buy all my albums on CD…then I re-buy as many of those as possible in 5.1…now I’m going to re-buy those in Atmos?!
My wallet is groaning…but it’s a good problem to have 💸😵‍💫💸
I used to use Tin Man as a demo to the Audio Club in the 70s It started with the guitar in the front center the the
vocal started in stereo the the chorus oped up in the rear channels it opened up the room
will the QUADIO releases put a stop on DV getting his hands on all that they have?

I asked this question. The answer is, yes they have come across a few, maybe more than a few unissued quad masters. But searching for them is difficult because they don't know where to start with being millions of albums and thousands of artists.

1. No quad mix of Deep Purple "Burn" is in their vault.
So we can all get that crazy idea out of our heads.

2. The one Black Sabbath track that was said to be completed in quad for the Sabotage album does not exist in their vault.
I just now looked for a quad mix of Burn and found nothing. Sorry!
Let me know what else I should look for, please!

I did find the quad master for J. Geils Band Bloodshot. Any interest?

I’m sure someone else brought some/all of these up already, but I’d be curious to know if the long-rumored quad mixes of any of the following titles actually happened:
  • Eagles - first two albums
  • Yes - Close To The Edge
  • Carly Simon - Another Passenger
  • Joni Mitchell - Miles Of Aisles

Shame about "Burn". That one did appear in a catalog many many moons ago.
How about:

Black Sabbath - Sabotage
Rod Stewart - Atlantic Crossing
Foghat - Energized and Rock and Roll Outlaws
The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations/Best Of (probably abandoned)
Aretha Franklin's - With everything I feel
Eagles - First Self Titled Album
Eagles - Desperado
Eagles - Out on the Border
Eagles - One of these Nights

I believe "Sweet Baby James" and "Gord's Gold" have already been ruled out as not actually existing. Beyond that.... there's probably not really a whole lot left that could actually be considered marketable.

I did find the quad master for J. Geils Band Bloodshot. Any interest?
YES. Might as well.
Yes,(edit) I would be interested in buying the Bloodshot album quad mix.
Kirk Bayne
Bloodshot is an instant buy for me!
Indeed, I think it's tied for their finest Atlantic album, along with Monkey Island.
Bloodshot is a classic, radio hit" Give It To Me" is included. And it's previously unissued, a double reason we would want it on BD.

I just now looked for a quad mix of Burn and found nothing. Sorry!
It could have been completed and remained with the DP corporation in the UK. They way things are sometimes. WB had a catalog # assigned I believe - which left us with more hope than usual.

Shame about "Burn". That one did appear in a catalog many many moons ago.
How about:

Black Sabbath - Sabotage
Rod Stewart - Atlantic Crossing
Foghat - Energized and Rock and Roll Outlaws
The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations/Best Of (probably abandoned)
Aretha Franklin's - With everything I feel
Eagles - First Self Titled Album
Eagles - Desperado
Eagles - Out on the Border
Eagles - One of these Nights

I believe "Sweet Baby James" and "Gord's Gold" have already been ruled out as not actually existing. Beyond that.... there's probably not really a whole lot left that could actually be considered marketable.
Sabotage - nope.
Atlantic Crossing - possibly. Artist consent would be a "speed bump."
Energized - signs point to yes. R&R Outlaws - no.
Beach Boys - not ours.
With Everything I Feel - lost rights to Aretha's estate. The last 4 Atlantic albums reverted to her.
Eagles, Desperado - nope.
On The Border, One Of These Nights - confirmed. Serious artist consent concerns.

Sabotage - nope.
Atlantic Crossing - possibly. Artist consent would be a "speed bump."
Energized - signs point to yes. R&R Outlaws - no.
Beach Boys - not ours.
With Everything I Feel - lost rights to Aretha's estate. The last 4 Atlantic albums reverted to her.
Eagles, Desperado - nope.
On The Border, One Of These Nights - confirmed. Serious artist consent concerns.
But "Energized" is a totally cool title, and the stereo mix was rather dull affair, quad mix might bring out something very good here. Would look sweet next to "Bloodshot" on an "upcoming attractions" list!

Plus we are going to need at least one or two rock titles in the next batch, or the four after, especially if Machine Head is still on temporary hold. So yes, rare quad J. Geils and Foghat fill a need to rock. Plus if Rod's semi-classic album can be put into request mode, that's another rock title.

Last edited:
Back