Beatles Revolver Box Set (Dolby Atmos Mix available for streaming; No Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure anybody is saying he is. Certainly not me. He does use his twitter account though. He's a possible contact and key player.
If you know the appropriate contacts, by all means, please use them.
Sorry, I’m coming from the Hoffman forum where Giles is savaged by the sox and sandals cork sniffer Audiophiles. He and his team have done nice work giving us a fresh take on Beatles music while preserving the original artistic intent of the original mixes.

Sorry, I’m coming from the Hoffman forum where Giles is savaged by the sox and sandals cork sniffer Audiophiles. He and his team have done nice work giving us a fresh take on Beatles music while preserving the original artistic intent of the original mixes.
I've heard that place is rough!

1662756441237.jpeg

Dear Mr. Record Executive,

Do you see what is missing in my picture? I can’t get no satisfaction from this Revolver release.

Regards,
T

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The comments on the Life in Surround NOT BUYING IT video are overwhelmingly full of disappointment over this.
Hopefully Giles and company read them.

If anybody knows of some appropriate emails or twitter accounts...

Thanks for that Mike. Really good job as always.
It was no Rant on your part. Remember, you're 'preaching to the choir' here!

I don't know, I listened to Sgt. Pepper Atmos mix the other day on my main rig and it sounds fantastic to me. Use the Apple Music app directly in the ATV and you get 24/48 which is good enough for me. All 8 speakers creating glorious immersive sound. For 10 bux a month? There's a heck of a lot Atmos being added to AM as well. I listened to All Things Must Pass as well and sounded fantastic. I didn't feel like dealing with opening the box and pulling out the cds etc so just played it from the AM music app via ATV4K. Noticed no difference between that and the cds/blu ray.
BTW the Revolver deluxe box set is #1 in preorder sales on Amazon, so people are buying it.
Seems obvious Apple/Universal have made an exclusivity deal with Apple/Amazon/Tidal as far as Atmos is concerned. Has nothing to do with Giles.

BTW the Revolver deluxe box set is #1 in preorder sales on Amazon, so people are buying it.
Seems obvious Apple/Universal have made an exclusivity deal with Apple/Amazon/Tidal as far as Atmos is concerned. Has nothing to do with Giles.
Sadly, being #1 doesn't mean as much as it used to. The bar is much lower now than it was in the days when physical media ruled. The only way to truly measure it's reception is to compare it to the sales of previous Beatles box sets.

The comments on the Life in Surround NOT BUYING IT video are overwhelmingly full of disappointment over this.
Hopefully Giles and company read them.

If anybody knows of some appropriate emails or twitter accounts...

I Hear 'Ya Mike! I'm disappointed that the Deluxe Edition of Revolver will not be including a Blu-Ray with the 5.1/Atmos mix. I don't use Apple or Tidal streaming services since as you pointed out in your video, an album could be 'here today and gone tomorrow' (and I prefer a physical format when I'm listening to music). Apple/Universal Music Blew It with this one!

For what it's worth, I'm waiting this out to see which precedent is set by this box. It will be either:
  1. The first legally downloadable Atmos mix (in this case, with a download card, a GOOD precedent), or
  2. The first super deluxe edition that requires a subscription to hear the multichannel or Atmos mix (a BAD precedent).
Correct me if I'm wrong about either. Like many of you I'm expecting it to be the latter, but I'm holding out a little hope that it's the former.

I won't rent music. It's not like I don't OWN multiple copies of Revolver already.

This can go both ways. They know the younger generation likely do not have Blu Ray players and do stream. If that’s the case why even release the box set at all then, include the Blu-Ray and they have a reason for consumers to purchase the box set and not just stream.
Honestly, because of the point you make, I have doubts about how much longer Super Deluxe CD sets will be offered.

wrt BluRay, The sales numbers on the Revolver sets will certainly tell us how important the Blu-ray’s were in driving purchases. While important to us surround fanatics and the audiophiles, I don’t think the general buying public will care about it.

Back