Beatles Revolver Box Set (Dolby Atmos Mix available for streaming; No Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear you in terms of a 'kitchen sink' approach. Part of me wants to hear every note they ever recorded as well. At the same time, there's something to be said for only releasing the stuff that is different enough or quirky enough to be interesting. Repeated takes of the same song where the only difference is they were just trying to nail it a bit tighter? Or a lot of early stops because someone flubbed a bit? I can see leaving that behind.

In the case of Good Day Sunshine, that was one of the quickest tracks they recorded for the album. They only did three takes and ended up keeping Take 1. So presumably the other two were simply attempts to see if "can we do this any better?" only to find out they really couldn't.

Sure you want to hear everything! It took me 12 shots to come up with an acceptable 5.1 remix of Roll Over Beethoven. And I know that everyone is just dying to hear every single one of those 12 variations, including all of the stems in all their glorious incarnations. :D

I listened to the extra material on Sgt Pepper just once. I don't even know what is in the White Album or Let It Be sets other than the 96/24 stereo and multichannel material on the blu-rays. There is simply not enough time...I cannot sit in front of my system listening to music 8 hours a day, even during retirement.

Hey all, editing a video about the "value" of these sets, plus my conclusion that the Atmos mix will be streaming only.
I'd like help with a catchy thumbnail title!
I'm considering "Where's the Value?" or something like that. I'd like it to be zingy though, like "NOT BUYING IT".

This place is hilarious, so I figure someone will come up with something great.

Thanks!

Hey all, editing a video about the "value" of these sets, plus my conclusion that the Atmos mix will be streaming only.
I'm considering "Where's the Value?" or something like that. I'd like it to be zingy though, like "NOT BUYING IT".

Thanks!
How about....

It makes no 'Cents' to me.

Thanks!
Value? Here, There and Everywhere -not so much!

This is exactly the question in my mind! And I am guessing that the lack of clarity surrounding this question in the press release makes it more likely that number two above is the answer. In that case, the price tag of the Super Deluxe set is way overblown IMO.
The likelihood of a downloadable Atmos mix is basically nil.

And while the Revolver box would be far from the first super deluxe edition which requires a subscription to hear the Atmos mix, it almost certainly is going to be just that. And it won't be the last...

spicoli jpeg.jpg

Back