Biggest single surround release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread will be the death of me. It really is exciting. Neil comes in, drops a bomb or 2...then poof. Gone. Now we have to drool wondering what it is. Yeah, Bowie would be freaking amazing. But...but...what projects has Neil historically been associated with? Lots, I Know, I just don't recall what all they are. :p

perhaps Big Big Train ?
or Bruce Soord ?

Iโ€™ll take a stab at TANGERINE DREAM :smokin

๐Ÿ˜– ๐Ÿป

wowzers Pupster, do you think they've got enough material for another big box with 84 tracks in Surround or even with some tracks in 5.1 included?

that set was good but didn't have half the stuff in Surround due to lots of missing tapes etc unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜”

the biggest single surround release so far would be Lean Into It by Mr. Big

..but its just had its 30th Anniversary release so it can't be that, it must be something even bigger!

bigger than Music From Big Pink and The Notorious B.I.G.! ๐Ÿ˜‚
Screenshot_20211222_162223.jpg

Um, something bigger this way comes...

A thought could it be The Enid?

I'd love to get "In The Region Of The Summer Stars" in surround a fave from way back in 1976 when I heard it on Nicky Horne's radio show Your Mother Wouldn't Like It (on Capital Radio) and bought the LP, actually my mother did sort of like it, in that she didn't tell me to turn it down!

That was my first thought Ralphie...

Although hoping it is Led Zepplin!!

If neither of these, then I'll settle for a Status Quo!! :D

I'd second the wish for Zep. That would be the release of the decade (for me at least). However that part about, "a substantial quantity of unreleased stuff", probably rules Zep out. They were really scraping the bottom of the barrel just to augment their deluxe packages.

I would just like to know how excited we should be. Like is it an artist that's in the HOF or had a number 1 album?

Neil already said this particular release will have fewer discs than Chicago Quadio.
But if those 28 disks are CDs, that's probably only one or two Blue rays.

If my understanding is correct, we aren't guessing at anything where there are a lot of disks, but there is a lot of content on each disk. That leads one to think a collection of live material. The first thing that comes to mind for me is a Grateful Dead set.

Back