Biggest single surround release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But if those 28 disks are CDs, that's probably only one or two Blue rays.

If my understanding is correct, we aren't guessing at anything where there are a lot of disks, but there is a lot of content on each disk. That leads one to think a collection of live material. The first thing that comes to mind for me is a Grateful Dead set.

Maybe a Springsteen set even

See the source image

IN TIME ... ALL SHALL BE REVEALED.....AND PARTING IS SUCH SWEET SORROW!

I reckon it's a band from this side of the pond.

As an example: Fripp and Co do have a lot of music either already released, or sitting in their vaults.

Not sure that Atmos is included.

I Don't think Neil has an Atmos speaker set up, for testing.

Ooh the excitement...he is such a tease :)

I bet this band or Artist will be from the UK and be very well known. I would hope it’s Zeppelin but I won’t hold my breath. The following is a list of who it might be.

1) Led Zeppelin
2) AC/DC
3) Eurythmics
4) Elton John (Dolby Atmos only)
5) Elvis Costello
6) Eric Clapton
7) New Order
8) Kate Bush (Naaaah!)
9) The Who
10) The Kinks
11) Phil Collins
12) Queen
13) The Smiths
14) U2

I'd second the wish for Zep. That would be the release of the decade (for me at least). However that part about, "a substantial quantity of unreleased stuff", probably rules Zep out. They were really scraping the bottom of the barrel just to augment their deluxe packages.

I would just like to know how excited we should be. Like is it an artist that's in the HOF or had a number 1 album?

Led Zep would be THE 💣

Word is Led Zep asked Jason Bonham to no longer use "The Led Zeppelin Experience".

What's up Pagey's sleeve?
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-zeppelin-experience-jason-bonham-name-change/

I bet this band or Artist will be from the UK and be very well known. I would hope it’s Zeppelin but I won’t hold my breath. The following is a list of who it might be.

1) Led Zeppelin
2) AC/DC
3) Eurythmics
4) Elton John (Dolby Atmos only)
5) Elvis Costello
6) Eric Clapton
7) New Order
8) Kate Bush (Naaaah!)
9) The Who
10) The Kinks
11) Phil Collins
12) Queen
13) The Smiths
14) U2

Dont' tease me. IF someone would release a box set of AC/CD albums from Scott era...mixed in surround. I would honestly likely die of heart failure and never get to hear them.

Back