• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Bryan Adams - Reckless (5.1 Remix by Bob Clearmountain)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hee! Just got a text message from Big River (Amazon) that my copy of this has shipped.....will see it as promised, on the 24th.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I gave a quick listen to Reckless this afternoon. My instant reaction after a minute into the first song, was "OK, good, this is good". As I clicked through other songs, it was a little more hit and miss in terms of my immediate reaction.

You know, sometimes, you INSTANTLY are blown away by the mix of some discs. This one didn't hit me that way. I already know that whenever someone puts up a POLL - I will not be voting 10. I may not even be voting a 9. Something tells me I will call it an 8...but I certainly need more thorough listens to come to conclusion. I suspect that some songs I will like the way they sound better than others.

Yeah, of course - it does sound better than any CD I've heard of Reckless. So, in that way....it's good. Worry not gang.....if you like Reckless, I think you'll enjoy it. But, IMO it's FAR from a reference surround mix, that's for sure.

stormchaser

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I won't be able to listen to this intently until tomorrow, but damn this sounds so much better than I remember upon first listen (still with some lingering limitations of what sounds like some 80s production muddying things up, maybe?). For the two songs I listened to closely, the rears seemed to be used to good effect for reverb and keyboards. More later.

and man, I had forgotten how many songs off of this album got radio airplay.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I won't be able to listen to this intently until tomorrow, but damn this sounds so much better than I remember upon first listen (still with some lingering limitations of what sounds like some 80s production muddying things up, maybe?). For the two songs I listened to closely, the rears seemed to be used to good effect for reverb and keyboards. More later.
Your last comment is exactly correct. Rears are mostly reverb and keyboards. Maybe the reverb is what (to some degree) caught me off guard. This disc might be a creeper.....

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Your last comment is exactly correct. Rears are mostly reverb and keyboards. Maybe the reverb is what (to some degree) caught me off guard. This disc might be a creeper.....
Unfortunately reverb was used extensively in the 80's and it's all over the recordings of various artists...

The Bright Side

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Oh boy, I got my Pure Audio BluRay today! Will listen to it tonight :) This should be amazing.

In the meantime, I wonder if I could ask you guys for your help... I create backups of all my 5.1 discs on my PC, e.g. in FLAC. Unfortunately, I don't have a BluRay drive and thus I cannot make FLACs from this disc. Have any of you transferred the songs (both the 5.1 mixes and the 2.0 bonus tracks) to FLAC, and would you be willing to share?

I definitely have the original BluRay and this would be for backup and to listen from PC. Jon, if my post breaks the rules, please go ahead and delete.

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
Oh boy, I got my Pure Audio BluRay today! Will listen to it tonight :) This should be amazing.

In the meantime, I wonder if I could ask you guys for your help... I create backups of all my 5.1 discs on my PC, e.g. in FLAC. Unfortunately, I don't have a BluRay drive and thus I cannot make FLACs from this disc. Have any of you transferred the songs (both the 5.1 mixes and the 2.0 bonus tracks) to FLAC, and would you be willing to share?

I definitely have the original BluRay and this would be for backup and to listen from PC. Jon, if my post breaks the rules, please go ahead and delete.
With the number of blu releases I'd suggest buying a blu-ray disk drive. They are under $100.

neil wilkes

Can somebody please point me at a place where I can actually buy this that is not Amazon?
I have looked everywhere but cannot find it at all, and Amazon are permanently boycotted from 3 months ago now.

Rxbob

QQ Supporter
I have several hundred surround discs in all formats that I have accumulated since 2004 and this is the only disc that will not play anymore on any of the 8 dvd player I have.
I get a message that there is no content available, since I cannot go back to relisten and from memory it wasn't impressive (if it was I would repurchase it) so a 7 it is.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
I have several hundred surround discs in all formats that I have accumulated since 2004 and this is the only disc that will not play anymore on any of the 8 dvd player I have.
I get a message that there is no content available, since I cannot go back to relisten and from memory it wasn't impressive (if it was I would repurchase it) so a 7 it is.
It’s a Blu-ray. So maybe that’s your problem?? ;-)

Group builder