Dead Can Dance remasters in SACD!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be killer. I'd love to have SACD's of DCD in Hi-Rez even if it was only stereo. But since there's enough room a 5.1 or Quadraphonic mix would be icing on the cake.

Two more links for details:
http://beggars.bway.net/forum/showpost.php?p=90640&postcount=27
http://beggars.bway.net/forum/showpost.php?p=90642&postcount=29

Even if they are just stereo is an awesome idea to have this in Mini LP Replicas (ala japanese style). By the way, I recently bought Enter The Mysterio (Hybrid SACD) from Peter Ulrich (ex-drumer for Dead Can Dance) and the music es excellent, not so convinced about the voice but what I want to point is that the multichan. program is just an extension of the stereo on the rear... it brings more depht and warmth to the sound but it would be great to hear it in a 5.1 real mix. Anyway, SACD box set by DCD will be great!!

:banana:
I hope so! I'm a big fan of DCD their music would work very well in surround format. A lot of material to work with there. Even in stereo Lisa Gerrard's voice in SACD would really come alive.

Is 4AD considering any other SACD releases? I'd love to be surrounded by hi-def Cocteau Twins.

On http://beggars.bway.net/forum/showpost.php?p=90642&postcount=29 they write:

Unfortunately, due to the way DCD recorded, multi-tracks only exist of the first album and ep (and yes, Brendan's looked at remixing them but the sounds he disliked were in the recording so he couldn't do anything satisfactory with them). We did want to do surround mixes but without multis there's nothing that can be done. Many of the albums were actually created in the final mastering where triggered samples (not on the multitrack) were mixed in live. This means that, apart from the stereo masters, there is no other recording containing all the musical elements.

:-(

speaking of potential 4AD - sacds: right im just listening to "medusa" from clan of xymox. now THAT would be something...
too bad about the DCD lack of MCH, but im still looking forward to the reissues.

Do we know yet where they're going to be manufactured? Or are all the SACDs imports to the U.S by Wea Japan.

I think it was decided that since nobody knew what an SACD was that they would be made in China. They'll be regular cds - only with a little 'DSD' and 'sacd' logo for aesthetic purposes ;)

Do we know yet where they're going to be manufactured? Or are all the SACDs imports to the U.S by Wea Japan.

Wow!! I didn't think another division of Warner Music (WEA) would have the guts to release SACDs again after Hong Kong Warner Music released a bunch of titles. I hope Japan WEA will succeed.

tsaichinwarnerback_sacd.jpg

BTW, those HK Warner Music SACDs, except for its lone hybrid title, were mostly made at Sony's Terre Haute, Indiana pressing plant. I believe its SACD production capability has been shut down, so who know where these new SACDs will come from. I am betting on Japan Sony though.

The DSD CDs I have already sound excellent. I doubt that 'SACD' per se would bring anything to the table, since multichannel seems out of the question, and audible difference in the stereo version will likely be due to the remastering....which, I'm gonna bet, will be louder.

So, not really interested.

As for Cocteau Twins, the recent CD remasters were not so good -- mainly made louder and the EQ changed so the guitars are more prominent, which is what happens when you let the guitarist do the remastering -- so again, unless there's multichannel happening, not interested.

Back