Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LAGQ's guitar heroes; sometimes I find this a bit discordant and at other times a little too sweet but just now it's good. I like the mix.

King Crimson - Lizard

large1660.jpg

Beethoven: An die ferne Geliebte etc - Hybrid SACD.
Tenor: Prégardien, Piano: Schnackertz

A beautiful recital of 19th century songs by Beethoven, Weber, R. Strauss, and Wolf, recorded in natural surround sound.
For anyone interested, here's a link to a review...

http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/9706

"That's the Way of the World" DVD-A conversion from Q8. Listening to the 1-2 punch of "Shining Star and That's the Way of the World" back to back to start off the album, wow. It's quad at it's finest. Whoever mixed this disc should have gotten a grammy.

Love the vocals, the way they are split between the channels. This would make a true winner of an AF SACD if they could get it.

Nope. Do you have a particular search phrase that's resulting in a 404?

Everything that's archived I can think of so far keeps turning up a 404 tonight.

I was initially looking for an old thread (with a spat I had with someone lecturing me on the EWF Quad mix JonUrban's just talked about.. they insisted it was inferior and not worthy of Hi-Res surround treatment.. blah) and since then I keep drawing 404 blanks.

I really thought it noteworthy because the search facility within the forum itself is so, well, inconsistent :)

Overall, the search function on QQ is not very good. If I type in an artist and one of their albums, it should come up as number one. Instead, I get other Threads and sometimes have to go several pages until I find what I was searching for. It's been this way since I've joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back