Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lori Lieberman-Bricks Against The Glass Blu Ray Audio....first play and it's got superb sound quality...songs are easy to like...better than folk songs...more robust...if she hadn't taken a 20 year break from making music she might have been a mega star...

I did not know there was, or is, a Tapestry surround version.
Don't overpay on this one, over the past year I've seen it sold more that once at about US $30 on the bay and often the prices are higher all the way to astronomical. My opinion of the sound quality is still mixed at this point and I need to give it another good listen.

Don't overpay on this one, over the past year I've seen it sold more that once at about US $30 on the bay and often the prices are higher all the way to astronomical. My opinion of the sound quality is still mixed at this point and I need to give it another good listen.

Thanks! I wasn't interested in getting a copy...only surprised there was a surround version.:)

The price has dropped in the last 6 months...you just have to be careful you get the multi channel version..

Nellie McKay - "Get Away From Me" - DualDisc 5.1 Dolby

cover_gafm.jpg

Saw her years ago in a now defunct underground club in NYC - "The Fez." It was literally underground - 2 stories below street level down in Greenwich Village. The acts had to pause whenever a subway train passed by! She was uniquely talented - stylistically all over the place from Doris Day to Carole King to Public Enemy - a true Broadway Brat - she was only 20 yrs old when she recorded this debut album. Produced and mixed by noneother than Beatles engineer Geoff Emerick. The mix is discrete and surprisingly aggressive.

I saw her again a fews years later at a Sony artist showcase down at SXSW in Austin, TX just as this album was being released. She got the star treatment for a nanosecond and when she didn't click she was gone. She's done some interesting things since then - but, ironically, mostly "underground." Definitely worth checking out - even in "Dolby only"

listened today "Animals" upmix.
i wish they finally gave a birth to unreleased quad.
but being even upmix, it sounds more immersive than official 5.1 SACD of "WYWH".
"floydflush" did very fine job on this one. and intrusion of lead guitar by Snowy White on " Pigs On The Wing I" just stunning.

RUSH - "2112" - Blu-ray

First time listening to this in surround. So far, it sounds wonderful. :)

I am a huge fan of RUSH. But I've hesitated getting any of these Mch releases due to the mixed reviews. Actually, I am dying to listen to them in surround. Which Mch releases would be a good place to start?? Any advice?? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back