Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snood needs a cold shower after all that hot stuff going on above 6 posts :banana:

See that?? Ya'll got me so hot & bothered, ya made me double post

Listening to another recent cheap acquisition, the dualdisc version of Robert Cray Time Will Tell. It's a pleasant enough album. Favorite cuts so far are I Didn't Know and Lotta Lovin'. On I Didn't Know he reminds me a lot of Al Green, who I love.

Hi Folks,

I'm back...after moving to the new home there was no time to hear my fav music furthermore the complete setup was stored months in the cellar :mad:@:

Now with new Arrangement, cables and for sure some collected things over the months I'm back in the surround Business.

Here we are with:

Queen - The Game (DVD-A)

Crazy Little Thing called surround :)

Thanks Fred (y)

Send the Family away and heating up the Player to get an overdose of the missing surround Feeling.

Boz Scaggs - Dig (DVD-A)

Jarre in China: jaw dropping 5.1 mix and sound, even if it's DTS at 48 KHz. Never been a great Jarre fan, but this DVD is captivating me!
As I'm listening to a copy, now I must get the original one. For those who have it, how's the image quality? Can you tell me the image resolution?

Thanks for the tip. It is a good surround mix. I just bought the PAL version and picture quality is pretty good for DVD.

Its my first Jarre in surround so I'm quite enjoying it. Plenty of 'swirling' effects going on, although fidelity is not perfect its a nice concert to experience. (I also converted to 5.1 FLAC to play as a music only disc).

Hi Folks,

I'm back...after moving to the new home there was no time to hear my fav music furthermore the complete setup was stored months in the cellar :mad:@:

Now with new Arrangement, cables and for sure some collected things over the months I'm back in the surround Business.

Here we are with:

Queen - The Game (DVD-A)

Crazy Little Thing called surround :)

Dragon Attack is Awesome on "The Game"

PIC 1..jpg
HI. All
I bought this LP on eBay a week ago I decided to play it today through my Surround Master it was set up in the QS mode and boy it had grate Surround Sound and I decided to switch over to my Sansui QSD-2 which has been total restored, in the QS mode and sounded the same grate Surround in the back channels (IS THIS A SLEEPER) does anybody have this to verify, Grate LP

Listening to the dualdisc of Ben Folds - Songs for Silverman. Have to do a little more listening to come up with an opinion on this one. Not a surround spectacular so far.

Dishwalla's Opalline. I know it is by Silverline, but it was not bad. Not a lot of sound in the rears, but the quality was good, and I really liked the music. I don't recall hearing anything by them but for less than $5 delivered, I took a chance and am pleasantly surprised. I can't think of who they remind me of, it was more like a combo of several artists, nothing loud or extemem, but not too mellow. Anyway, give it a shot, you can't beat the price.

The Manhattan Transfer's album Vibrate in SACD Multichannel Sound. Very nice !
Copies are still available for under $25 via Amazon.Com. One to consider if you don't own it already.

Vibrate - 300.jpg
Vibrate - Manhattan Transfer (Telarc SACD-63603)

Paul Simon, You're the one. First listen through. So far I like it. Not a big Simon fan, not that I don't like him, just that there is only so much music I can listen to. That's the beauty of Surround. I would never have given this album a second look accept that it is DVD Audio and I got it cheap. Maybe it'll turn me into a fan and I will have to start collecting him now.

The Doors, Waiting for the Sun (DVD-A from Perception Boxset). It's funny, it was the only Doors record I had never listened to until now, enjoying it a lot. I loved them when I was in my twenties but hardly listened to them in the past 15 years or so as I have the records on vinyl or cassette and my oppo does not like that ;)
Next on my play list Goldfrapp 's Tales of Us. Box contents not worthy the value (you know all about big boxes and little content...). At least it was delivered in one day from the UK to Spain!

Yo. Been collecting surround albums for over a decade and only recently stumbled across this site. It's awesome.

Now listening to Big Phat Band -- Swingin' For The Fences. DVD-A 24/96 amazing 5.1. Stellar jazz in each speaker.

Certainly is a great disc! (y)

..and just in case you don't have them already, there are 3 more surround albums featuring Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band, all just as great mixwise & musically as Swingin' For The Fences.... "XXL" is also DVD-A Advanced Res and the other 2 albums come in 2-disc CD+Dolby Digital DVD-V form ("The Phat Pack" and "Act Your Age").

Oh and... Welcome to QQ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back