Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sting, Ten Summoner's Tales DTS CD: Just got this one. I hesitated buying it but on the second run through, admittedly not in the proper listening spot, have to say it's a nice disc. Looking forward to giving this one a good listen.

Talking Heads

Speaking in Tongues CD/DVD Version
Remain in Light CD/DVD Version

I am so pissed at the Post Office...........I had bought 77 and Fear of Music along with these, but my package arrived taped up with a note found open in mail GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.............I bought them very very cheap toooooooooooooooooooooo.

I know lotta people love Remain in Light as their best, but I love Speaking in Tongues soooooo much better. The dance grooves on SIT are so much better. I Love SIT and really do like Remain with ENO........I really love how they put the drums and bass so prominent in both.

OH Crap I better leave a review :D

Certainly is a great disc! (y)

..and just in case you don't have them already, there are 3 more surround albums featuring Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band, all just as great mixwise & musically as Swingin' For The Fences.... "XXL" is also DVD-A Advanced Res and the other 2 albums come in 2-disc CD+Dolby Digital DVD-V form ("The Phat Pack" and "Act Your Age").

Oh and... Welcome to QQ! :)

Wasn't aware of (or had forgotten about) The Phat Pack.... Thanks!!

Anyway - listening to Ziroq - DVD-A - probably my favourite Siliverline :yikes...

Fantastic flamenco style guitar, and a great surround mix...

P.S. King Crimson rules....

Wasn't aware of (or had forgotten about) The Phat Pack.... Thanks!!

Anyway - listening to Ziroq - DVD-A - probably my favourite Siliverline :yikes...

Fantastic flamenco style guitar, and a great surround mix...

P.S. King Crimson rules....

I thought you'd told me about the Phat Pack in the 1st place?! :D Ziroq's on the list.. along with a gazillion other Silverlines! Just in the process of re-jigging the old system at the mo then I can get back onto the shopathon! :p

There is no Jimi Hendrix multi channel SACD or DVD-Audio ever produced.

image.jpg

This is the 'DVD' I was referring too.

Classic Henry Mancini movie music from The Pink Panther, Charade, Hatari and Breakfast at Tiffany's mixed into 4.0 Dolby Surround on this BMG Classics CD, decoded by the Surround Master with Involve mode.
If you have a Surround Master, get this CD - you'll love it!

Pink Panther Surround CD.jpg
The Pink Panther & Other Hits - Henry Mancini & His Orchestra (BMG Classics, Dolby Surround Encoded CD, 07863-55938-2)

I haven`t found a thread of this disc, so here in a lost place :(

Caroline Henderson - Don \'T Explain Hybrid SACD

cmcbz748kix422g34.jpg

Mostly rather quiet, only sometime faster like track 10 "Wade in the water", bar jazz alike, with bubbling piano passages, a female voice between softy and smoky. Absolutely in this moment, to a nice little glass red wine or whisky (now drinking Jim Beam Devil's cut) an attractive entertainment.

Fine sound, rich of warm colours. Rears are integrated harmoniously, more hall echo as big effect.

Music 8/10

Mch. Sound 10/10

Mike Keneally & Beer for Dolphins - Sluggo! - DVD-A

Mark Reeder - Five Point One - DVD-V (Dolby Digital 5.1)

The King Studio Orcherstra - Latin - 4 Channel Stereo - QS LP

Thiomilla - Freeze - SACD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back