Mike Oldfield "Tubular Bells" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad mixes shipping 5/26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I not understand why there is not a proper page for the #SDE releases with overview from the titels even with the sold outs as a total history from this ongoing series. Is it that difficult to make, maybe for him or the moderator also more easy to work with adding new titels and sold out buttons.
I agree. There really should be a dedicated SDE web page for the numbered series of releases..

I just purchased the Boxed 4-LP Quad edition which includes Tubular Bells. Was that Boxed version a remix or the SQ as released originally?

The boxed set of Tubular Bells quad mix(75?) is the same quad mix as on the Bluray.

The 1973 quad mix was not used , as it was considered inferior by Mike. I think Most everyone familiar with that inferior quad mix agrees.

So, not sure if it helps but this is my selection:

View attachment 92372
OK, I received my copy yesterday and went to rip with DVDAE. I was able to identify (and upload metadata) to all the titles EXCEPT the two stereo mixes (1973 original and 2023 Kosten):

There are three titles for the two stereo mixes. Title 12 has the entire album (chapters 1 & 2). Title 13 has side 1 of the album and Title 7 has side 2. All three of these titles are LPCM 2ch 96kHz and 48kHz. It seems obvious that Title 12 is one complete stereo mix and Titles 13 and 7 is the other.

But which is which??? Have any of our faithful QQ readers already identified these? If not, where can I identify the differences in the two mixes? Help!

OK, I received my copy yesterday and went to rip with DVDAE. I was able to identify (and upload metadata) to all the titles EXCEPT the two stereo mixes (1973 original and 2023 Kosten):

There are three titles for the two stereo mixes. Title 12 has the entire album (chapters 1 & 2). Title 13 has side 1 of the album and Title 7 has side 2. All three of these titles are LPCM 2ch 96kHz and 48kHz. It seems obvious that Title 12 is one complete stereo mix and Titles 13 and 7 is the other.

But which is which??? Have any of our faithful QQ readers already identified these? If not, where can I identify the differences in the two mixes? Help!
So I took a second look at this and realized the three multichannel (Atmos, 5.1 & Quad) ALL have three titles, one complete and then two of the separate sides. So that seems to infer only one stereo mix on the disc. I am sooooooo confused.

EDIT: Sorry to work this all out online. Not my finest moment. Since the stereo mixes come in three titles in both 48kHz and 96kHz one resolution must be the original mix and the second the new mix? Now it goes back to the original question, "how can I tell which is which?"

see attachment

Attachments

• DVDAE_Tubular Bells.jpg
    DVDAE_Tubular Bells.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back