Mike Oldfield "Tubular Bells" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad mixes shipping 5/26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having trouble finding the right mixes with DVD Audio Extractor. There are 2 different metas. One specifies the quadro mix on Title 1 and the other specifies the 2009 surround mix on Title 1. What is true? Can anyone tell which track is the quadro mix and which is the 5.1 mix? All the mixes are showing 6 Channels.
I think True HD is the Atmosmix.

Thanks. I don't think the 2001 SACD has this error (see screenshot below). The two front channels of the SACD are on top, the Blu-ray at the bottom.
Also, on the Blu-ray, the EQ is slightly different.
Ok, given what you showed in DMs, in the SACD version, the channels ARE in sync in the quad mix of Part 2, but the loudness in the front two channels still the incorrect loudness for the audio after 21:48.

Hmmm... How can we know with 100% certainty which version is in error?
In the Blu Ray release, the front left channel was out of sync with the rest of the mix to the point where it sounds like entirely different overdubs are being played (especially noticeable at the final section with the dialogue).

The reason I'm rather certain that the loudness after 21:48 is an error (or at least the loudness involving the dialogue was), is because it doesn't make sense for the dialogue to be the same loudness in the two back channels— making the vocals mixed center between left and right—but then have the front left channel be louder than the front right channel, as there's a contradiction between where the vocals are mixed in the left-to-right stereo field between the front channels and the back channels.

I'm having trouble finding the right mixes with DVD Audio Extractor. There are 2 different metas. One specifies the quadro mix on Title 1 and the other specifies the 2009 surround mix on Title 1. What is true? Can anyone tell which track is the quadro mix and which is the 5.1 mix? All the mixes are showing 6 Channels.
I think True HD is the Atmosmix.
Look at the sampling rate, quad is 96 whereas 5.1 is 48

Mine arrived….well one of them did… and the package also came with the slipcase for TFF TTP, which I’d canceled because I bought one from a member and SDE had also shipped one to me (unbeknownst to me) in the meantime so I had two. So I posted one to another member here and now I have another one!! Wonder what happened to the second copy of MO TB that I’d ordered as a pair on the day it was announced as I’ve paid for two? Perhaps they’re going to send multiples of that too. I shall wait and see.

Attachments

• IMG_5651.jpeg
    IMG_5651.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I just got mine today. Fcking import taxes were even higher than what I had expected and already put aside in cash, so I had to scramble to find the additional money... Otherwise I would've had to wait another day to pick it up from the post office. :cautious:
What surprised you probably wasn't the tax, but the 6 EUR that DHL charges you for collecting the taxes. That would be easier for the customers in the EU if SDE would participate in One Stop Shop. If you find the time, please ask them to please participate - there would be no rush to find exact change, and no surprises about surcharges by the carrier.

My copy of The Hurting BD arrived today, shipped out after Tubular Bells. I received an email shipping confirmation of my copy of Tubular Bells BD on May 25th and today, June 12, still nothing 18 days later. Emailed SDE Shop on June 9 and I'm still waiting for a reply from them. I'm already getting pissed off about it.

Regards

Last edited:
Pre-ordered my copy of Tubular Bells Blu-ray Audio on march 31 2023. If they don't deliver or do not give my money back.... Fuck'em, I'll never buy anything from these people ever again. Now I'm really pissed off

Last edited:
Ordered my copy on march 31 2023, if they don't deliver or do not give my money back.... Fuck'em, I'll never buy anything from these people ever again. Now I'm really pissed off
it can definitely be annoying but be optimistic about it. I was in the same boat with my Ten Years After. Took ages to finally get to me. I emailed them and they said not to worry, it’s on the way and they were right.

Maybe try sending another email? Remember, they just shipped out 10,000 blu-rays between Oldfield and The Hurting and they’re a relatively small company.

it can definitely be annoying but be optimistic about it. I was in the same boat with my Ten Years After. Took ages to finally get to me. I emailed them and they said not to worry, it’s on the way and they were right.

Maybe try sending another email? Remember, they just shipped out 10,000 blu-rays between Oldfield and The Hurting and they’re a relatively small company.
Thank you for your kind words

Pre-ordered my copy of Tubular Bells Blu-ray Audio on march 31 2023. If they don't deliver or do not give my money back.... Fuck'em, I'll never buy anything from these people ever again. Now I'm really pissed off
Did you get a shipping notice?

I got one and haven't seen it yet either, (though people in Australia have theirs)

What surprised you probably wasn't the tax, but the 6 EUR that DHL charges you for collecting the taxes.
No, this isn't exactly my first rodeo. I knew about the stupid 6€ fee. I'm pretty sure I posted the specific breakdown somewhere, but I can't find it anymore. Anyway, the taxes (without the fee) were 7,17€, and if you extrapolate the original value from that, you end up with 37,74€. Which is almost 1€ above what I paid (36,96€) and also notably above what the original price in £ would currently be (36,13€ today). So yeah, I'm still puzzled at where that specific sum came from, and it looks like we simply can't predict the taxes. I'm very curious to see if The Hurting will have the same amount slapped on.
If you find the time, please ask them to please participate - there would be no rush to find exact change, and no surprises about surcharges by the carrier.
I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned to Paul a couple of times. Given that he blocked me on Twitter over this general subject and also was quite unrelenting in a following e-mail exchange, I guess it's fair to say that he won't take any advice from me. Good luck if you want to convince him.

Did you get a shipping notice?

I got one and haven't seen it yet either, (though people in Australia have theirs)

Yes, I did on May 25th with tracking number but still on the same place since that day.

From Royal mail:
"The sender has let us know they have despatched your item.
More information will be available once we have received your item and scanned it into our network."

Regards,

Yes, I did on May 25th with tracking number but still on the same place since that day.

From Royal mail:
"The sender has let us know they have despatched your item.
More information will be available once we have received your item and scanned it into our network."

Regards,
Its happening more & more even in the UK, Royal Mail gets a tracked parcel and then doesn't scan it in on receiving it :mad:

Back