Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to see an Immersion level box set released for Animals
It would have been a good opportunity to include the live performances of Raving and Drooling and You Got to Be Crazy, but they already released them as part of the WYWH boxed set.
(y) @surround.sound.enthusiast
I really like the live versions on that CD. The audio quality is quite good to my ears.
I wonder if there are any multi-tracks of that concert?

According to (not always very reliable) Po Powell, Animals is coming next year, remixed and with some live material:
https://variety.com/2021/music/news...ir-mortal-remains-hollywood-vogue-1235056891/"One element fans may immediately gravitate to is a photograph in the “Animals” section that Powell shot five years ago at the site of the original “Animals” shoot that will be used as the cover of a long-awaited boxed set for that album due to now arrive in 2022. “I’ve reshot the ‘Animals’ cover, which was the pig over the power station,” says Powell. “So although it’s not been released yet, we thought, well, okay, let’s put the new cover up there. They’re building blocks of flats there, and I wanted to get this picture before the power station was surrounded completely — which it is now – by apartments to the point you can barely see it, and do something with it. Consequently there’s a re-release of the new album, a version with a remix and a live album, coming out next year, and this is going to be the album cover."
The article is a nice reading, but it contains some nice mistakes as calling "A Saucerful of Secrets" "Set the Controls for the Hearts of the Sun"

According to (not always very reliable) Po Powell, Animals is coming next year, remixed and with some live material:
https://variety.com/2021/music/news...ir-mortal-remains-hollywood-vogue-1235056891/"One element fans may immediately gravitate to is a photograph in the “Animals” section that Powell shot five years ago at the site of the original “Animals” shoot that will be used as the cover of a long-awaited boxed set for that album due to now arrive in 2022. “I’ve reshot the ‘Animals’ cover, which was the pig over the power station,” says Powell. “So although it’s not been released yet, we thought, well, okay, let’s put the new cover up there. They’re building blocks of flats there, and I wanted to get this picture before the power station was surrounded completely — which it is now – by apartments to the point you can barely see it, and do something with it. Consequently there’s a re-release of the new album, a version with a remix and a live album, coming out next year, and this is going to be the album cover."
The article is a nice reading, but it contains some nice mistakes as calling "A Saucerful of Secrets" "Set the Controls for the Hearts of the Sun"
Great article/read….. really hope it’s true that there will be LIVE stuff also included in the SDE!!!!

Consequently there’s a re-release of the new album, a version with a remix and a live album, coming out next year, and this is going to be the album cover."
While I hope this is true I have my doubts about this. Po doesn't always get things right (try as he may) and he didn't mention the multichannel mix which we know will be included. It's also possible that he could have been referring to a time when a live recording was being considered not knowing the current release status. We'll see.

It surprises me that the band didn't record any of their shows 73-79. A quadraphonic ( or stereo ) live Pink Floyd album would have been a hit, I'd think?

It must have been discussed at some point. Their 1975 tour would have been a good opportunity, and good timing. They could have cut the WIP material & still had enough for an LP.

It surprises me that the band didn't record any of their shows 73-79. A quadraphonic ( or stereo ) live Pink Floyd album would have been a hit, I'd think?

It must have been discussed at some point. Their 1975 tour would have been a good opportunity, and good timing. They could have cut the WIP material & still had enough for an LP.
WIP?

Back