Porcupine Tree 5.1 remasters - Deadwing / In Absentia - getting nearer?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used part of my stimulus check to pick up the In Absentia deluxe set (pre-ordered with the corrected blu-ray) from burningshed.
It's a bit too pricey for my blood, but they have the best price I can find and I felt like splurging a bit.

It would be great if the 5.1 mix included sounds as good as Frogmort's Fix, but we'll see...

How is the cut done in Audacity then? When inverting just the C channel, I'm selecting it and applying the invert and it doesn't touch the other tracks. I do the same select on the LFE and apply the cut but it does appear to shift everything else also, although hard to tell for definite as the change is so subtle.
You should not be inverting the LFE channel, just go to the beginning of the track, select the first 0.01seconds of the track and cut it.

Are we getting nearer?
Screenshot_20200417_152423.jpg

Screenshot_20200417_152549.jpg

Hi, I was going to buy the Deluxe Edition when they postponed it until this April 17th. However when I entered BurningShed web today for buying it, it still was in "pre-order".

InAbsentia.jpg

Anyway I paid the album and selected the shipping mode and I received the message below:

"Hi

This is a quick update on the In Absentia deluxe edition and the replacement Blu-Ray disc.

The revised Blu-rays are here at Burning Shed and being packed/labelled ready to send out to anyone who bought the first batch of copies.

The revised deluxe editions are being re-packed before being sent to us. We're not sure exactly when they will arrive but hopefully it will be soon.

It is still on 'preorder' until they arrive and we have shipped the remaining copies.

In normal times this would all have been shipped out by now but we can only have a limited number of people in our warehouse at any one time so please bear with us.

Thanks for your patience and we hope you have a good weekend.

Kind Regards

Pete

www.burningshed.com
[email protected]"

Still waiting for my replacement disc as many of us.))
So, the main question is... This time they did everything right?:)
Any of these issues has been fixed?
- Invert the center channel (corrects phase issue)
- Trim 10ms off the beginning of the LFE channel on each track (corrects misalignment)
- Amplify the LFE channel 7.6dB on each track

What's the matrix number of the corrected disc? Are there any other differences between old and new ones?

For those of you that have received your replacement. To borrow a quote.
So, the main question is... This time they did everything right?
Any of these issues has been fixed?
- Invert the center channel (corrects phase issue)
- Trim 10ms off the beginning of the LFE channel on each track (corrects misalignment)
- Amplify the LFE channel 7.6dB on each track

What's the matrix number of the corrected disc? Are there any other differences between old and new ones?

I received the replacement bluray disc yesterday from Kscope. I have attached two screen shots from Audacity - the first one from Blackest Eyes with no modifications at all. The second one has the LFE channel boosted 7.6 db. The difference on the disc between the old disc and the new disc is the addition of a serial number around the rim of the disc that says "KSCOPE548BD2 802644354873" and the omission of "www.kscopemusic.com" at the end of the information.

Here is the unmodified version:

1588533928381.png

Here is the modified version (just 7.6 db gain added to the LFE track, no other changes):

1588534035048.png

To my novice eyes - it looks like the inverted phase of the center channel is fixed, and I can't tell yet if the LFE 10 msec out of sync is fixed or not.

I received the replacement bluray disc yesterday from Kscope. I have attached two screen shots from Audacity - the first one from Blackest Eyes with no modifications at all. The second one has the LFE channel boosted 7.6 db. The difference on the disc between the old disc and the new disc is the addition of a serial number around the rim of the disc that says "KSCOPE548BD2 802644354873" and the omission of "www.kscopemusic.com" at the end of the information.

View attachment 50578

Here is the modified version (just 7.6 db gain added to the LFE track, no other changes):

View attachment 50579

To my novice eyes - it looks like the inverted phase of the center channel is fixed, and I can't tell yet if the LFE 10 msec out of sync is fixed or not.
Thank you to all the members of QQ who do the grunt work for us amateurs. :)

The replacement disc landed here in the high desert finally. Like other reports, just a disc in a clear sleeve very loosely packaged. Arrived intact though which is good- mine stayed in its sleeve and a cursory examination of the disc showed no marks or scratches.

View attachment 50578

View attachment 50579

Thanks for that look KCrimson. Here is the first point at which all tracks are active together in Trains on the new BRa ripped to flac. Unfortunately to me it doesn't look like anything much has been done except a small increase in LFE. Center and LFE still appear inverted and LFE lagging the rest by about 6ms (?)
Trains not fixed in BRa remaster.JPG

Back