Porcupine Tree 5.1 remasters - Deadwing / In Absentia - getting nearer?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I'm a little torn about this one. Deadwing is one of my favorites from Wilson and crew.
But I hate buying stuff I don't want, probably would never listen to the CD's.
4 new songs, that's good. Maybe some interesting extras. Hard decision.
But why no Atmos, Steven?
My dvd audio has 3 of the bonus songs in surround already, I don't feel the need to buy it again
Edit, it has the four bonus songs on it, all in MLP, so no new songs on the blu ray

Last edited:
My dvd- a has the bonus tracks in MLP, including the hidden track “Shesmovedon”
I agree for 5.1. Mine is the "Lava – 69286-01130-9-1, DTS Entertainment – 69286-01130-9-1" version.

Anyway, the additional Rockpalast performance is great. But why the didn't put the complete performance on Blu-Ray?
Burning shed sells the entire performance as FLAC download (4416), 15 songs, 1h37m25s in total. No interviews.

Anyway, the additional Rockpalast performance is great. But why the didn't put the complete performance on Blu-Ray?
Burning shed sells the entire performance as FLAC download (4416), 15 songs, 1h37m25s in total. No interviews.
For the video, I would imagine only the portion that was broadcast was edited. Therefore, only what was broadcast is included as an audiovisual extra. I've had the audio download for years (including when it was only available in lossy MP3), and I'll be content with just listening to that for the complete experience, although it might have been nice to include it on a couple of CDs in the set. Then again, that might/would have raised the price...

For the video, I would imagine only the portion that was broadcast was edited. Therefore, only what was broadcast is included as an audiovisual extra. I've had the audio download for years (including when it was only available in lossy MP3), and I'll be content with just listening to that for the complete experience, although it might have been nice to include it on a couple of CDs in the set. Then again, that might/would have raised the price...
May be. It's expensive enough.

The download is still available I think. But I found the complete Rockpalast gig in the "mediathek". Now we can mount the audio from the FLAC files to that video to get a better sound. :)

Hi, I received my full digibook this morning (they sent it the "hacking week"). I haven't enough free space in any of my HDs for ripping and checking the waveform. However, I have a scanner and some pictures.

First of all. My deluxe digibook arrives sealed but with the replacement BD in a plastic bag. So it seems they're still sending the old deluxe digibooks and adding the replacement BDs as "external bonus":

View attachment 50860

And with this bit of paper:

View attachment 50861

The printed side of both BDs are different. As Simon_LDT told, the defective one has the Kscope website address text on the disc edge, however the replacement BD hasn't.

The old BD:

View attachment 50862

And the replacement:

View attachment 50863

You can see the serial number too: KSCOPE548BD2 802644354873 up to the right of the BD. The colour of the BDs seems a bit different too.

The matrix of the defective one (EK97011-01):

View attachment 50864

And the replacement matrix (EK04111-01)View attachment 50865

And here are the BD menus (old above and replacement below):

View attachment 50866

View attachment 50867

By the way, the replacement BD is "bigger", the size of the defective BD is 40.9 GB and the replacement is 44.8 GB
I've just got the In Absentia set from Burning Shed (now that they have it back in stock) after resisting for a while, as I did have the dvda. Their listing says it includes the corrected blu ray and I believe that it does, but the disc is a bit confusing now! The matrix number is the replacement one, but the serial number on the disc is the original faulty one, and the disc includes the kscope website address, which is another indicator of the defective disc! The disc does however include hires of the bonus tracks, so should be the replacement, but with a mismatch of old numbers and new!

Ps sounds great!

I've held out on pre-ordering the Deadwing deluxe until the price came down a bit as it seemed a little high. I finally caved in though as ImportCD listed for $72.76 ($82.70 with shipping + tax). Maybe it'll go a bit lower at some point but probably not by much.

Back