Porcupine Tree 5.1 remasters - Deadwing / In Absentia - getting nearer?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing I think. Same as the In Absentia reissue. I guess it's good if you didn't manage to get the DVD-A at some point.

Side note, I have a memory when I bought this DVD that it would never come up as a DVD-A, only DVD-V. There was also nothing in the AUDIO_TS folder, unlike other DVD-A's. I returned it and replaced it but same thing with the replacement. Did anyone else have this issue?

The initial issue with a 5.1 surround mix was a CD/DVD-V combo in sleeves in a book format under the Lava (Atlantic) label..
The actual DVD-A came out later with 3 bonus tracks added: Revenant, Mother & Child Divided and Half-Light under the DTS Entertainment label

CD/DVD-V = LAVA 93827 UPC 0 75679 38272 6
DVD-A = 69286-01130-9-1 UPC 6 9286-01130-9

DAE2E933-73F7-4736-980F-48E733379BEC.jpeg

Last edited:
The initial issue with a 5.1 surround mix was a CD/DVD-V combo in sleeves in a book format under the Lava (Atlantic) label..
The actual DVD-A came out later with 3 bonus tracks added: Revenant, Mother & Child Divided and Half-Light under the DTS Entertainment label

View attachment 86251
Interesting... I thought I had the one on the right, but it's not with me in this country so no way of checking right now. I suppose it's no big deal. This was in the day of buying these things on eBay...

About the 5.1 mix in the album. I guess is the same as DVD. Because don´t indicate nothing about 96/24. Only surround mix.

Is this a Burning Shed exclusive? I would prefer to purchase somewhere in the states to limit shipping costs and time.

Awesome. I've always wanted this and the old DVD-A stuff on eBay was usually cost prohibitive. At least this way, paying out the nose gives me a lot of extra content. In terms of added content, this looks like a better deal than the In Absentia box.

I'm looking forward to this one arriving. I know the mix is the same as the DVD-A I have, but so was the In Absentia deluxe edition. The sound on the blu-ray to me was much better, as was on screen presentation for each song. The documentary on top of those made IA a great release. Since this follows the same formula and adds a bio of the band, its a can't miss for me.

View attachment 86251
...actually, there are four bonus tracks on this release. Shesmovedon is a "hidden" track that you can get to, I think, by using the up arrow on the remote control to highlight the heart.

...actually, there are four bonus tracks on this release. Shesmovedon is a "hidden" track that you can get to, I think, by using the up arrow on the remote control to highlight the heart.
Yes the Shesmovedon track was on the DVD-A as a “hidden” track as opposed to bonus tracks. Played after a brief silence separating it from the album. Thinking the CD did that too.

Isn’t this for the LFE channel only? Playing the disc without the subwoofer channel should result with no phase problem. Is this correct?
IIRC, the center was out of phase, causing the most anemia. LFE shifted a bit does not improve sound, to my ears, on any systems.
I'd have to watch my own IA Deluxe review again to remember exactly what I concluded about it all.
But, bottom line, blu-ray sounds better than the DVD-A.

I don’t use a subwoofer or center channel but you have me curious now on acquiring the BD when/if I do add back a subwoofer and possibly a center channel again in the future.
If your system folds center information into the L/R channels, playing a version with a corrected center should help. Either the BD, or corrected FLACs.
Whenever and however you get a chance to hear IA in all its intended fullness, enjoy!

I just looked at The Bull Moose site, says
"sorry this is no longer available".

Now I am on the Burning Shed site for Pre Order. Will Pre Order Deadwing.
Anything else you would recommend?
I see this

In The Court Of The Crimson King - King Crimson at 50 DVD/Blu Ray Documentary​

I likely will only watch once, but is is cool? Is the live music cool that I can rip? Is it on any streaming, Netflix, etc?

A geared up for the inevitable Atmos remix with this and In Absentia in a few years time.

Back