Porcupine Tree 5.1 remasters - Deadwing / In Absentia - getting nearer?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15% off code "JOLLY15" at Deep Discount, free shipping. With tax mine just came to $70.14 and I'll get $2.10 back from the Rakuten "ebate" - that'll do for me!

15% off code "JOLLY15" at Deep Discount, free shipping. With tax mine just came to $70.14 and I'll get $2.10 back from the Rakuten "ebate" - that'll do for me!

Thank You Doppy - Snood in at that point saved 27 and some change - compared to Amazon total ship and tax and it not charge card til shipped :LB

I sure hope someday he'll create surround mixes of some of the Tree's other albums. Voyage 34, Signify, Up the Downstair, Sky Moves Sideways....the material on those discs is just ACHING for some 5.1 goodness. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't been done already. Seems perfect given some of the "trippiness" of the music compared to the harder stuff on Absentia, et al.

"You’ve just had a heavy session of electroshock therapy, and you’re more relaxed than you’ve been in weeks. All those childhood traumas – magically wiped away, along with most of your personality.”

I sure hope someday he'll create surround mixes of some of the Tree's other albums. Voyage 34, Signify, Up the Downstair, Sky Moves Sideways....the material on those discs is just ACHING for some 5.1 goodness. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't been done already. Seems perfect given some of the "trippiness" of the music compared to the harder stuff on Absentia, et al.”

I believe SW has stated in the past that due to the limitations of the recording technology he was using at the time, the early titles would unlikely be done over in 5.1. It seems his stance is that the low resolution digital sound quality of the multi tracks precludes quality 5.1 mixes being done.

Ordered, thanks for reminding! I still remember the day I bought this, the first seconds of the first song and how all of a sudden a new Porcupine Tree came to life with a big and heavy sound!

I'm super hyped about both the documentary and the demo extras! I'm curious to hear how the demos compare to the bootlegs of these recordings, and of course the few completely unreleased demo songs.

I actually cancelled my order......I got paranoid about receiving a box like this and having it all banged up. Any chances for a US vendor carrying??

Back