Primus and the Chocolate Factory in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info. Do you know how the 5.1 audio will be encoded? Dulby only, or will there also be DTS? Any video content?

All I know is that it's CD/DVD. Details haven't been released to stores yet. I'll see what I can find out.

Hmm. This link says unavailable to order and perhaps even worse, says CD/DVD Dolby 5.1. Dolby?
That's probably just something wacky from the data feed. You should see other places taking preorders if you know where to look.

Latest email update from Amazon.. could we finally be getting this..??

"Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on April 25, 2015:

Primus "Primus & The Chocolate Factory With The Fungi Ensemble [CD/DVD][5.1 Dolby Surround Sound]"
Estimated arrival date: December 17, 2015 - January 08, 2016"

Whhoa! Well, maybe I will be getting a similar email about Pet sounds 5.1 :violin

For those only familiar with Primus' radio stuff + Seas of Cheese, how does this album stack up?

It is weird, even by Primus standards, but should sound great in surround. See my post on the first page (#8), for a link to all of the songs on youtube and decide for yourself.

OK so Snood got the email from Amazon toooooooo - 18.08 was my total with tax grrrrrrr Amazon shipping plants in Florida

but - I had ordered from the site with the stupid Choc box toooooo...............43.11 :yikes

Chocolates and Florida do no mix.........it still in the mid to upper 80s here in Orlando :howl

So I called them at 1-877-687-4277 Music today and cancelled order - they are on back order for the chocolates, so shipments were going out til the 20th also.

Save me 25 buckaroos :dance: and no melted chocolate :dance:

Call now if ya wanna cancel

I have this on order as well, shame its only in DD 5.1 though when the Sea of Cheese came out in bluray lossless.
Wonder why they wouldn't have at least put on a Dts 5.1 stream?

I have this on order as well, shame its only in DD 5.1 though when the Sea of Cheese came out in bluray lossless.
Wonder why they wouldn't have at least put on a Dts 5.1 stream?

That is disappointing...The sound and mix on Seas of Cheese is excellent, almost like a quad mix with center channel ambiance.

Latest email update from Amazon.. could we finally be getting this..??

"Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on April 25, 2015:

Primus "Primus & The Chocolate Factory With The Fungi Ensemble [CD/DVD][5.1 Dolby Surround Sound]"
Estimated arrival date: December 17, 2015 - January 08, 2016"

The email I received from Amazon a couple days ago (the 11th, I believe), gives me an arrival date of 11/20. Same with my order page; release date 11/20, and arrival date 11/20. It's odd that the arrival date you were given is another month out. It's also strange that there still doesn't seem to be a proper product order page for this on Amazon. I have to access the product page through my order, where it's still listed as "currently unavailable".

I'm hopeful that this is finally getting released, nine months to the day from when I had placed my order; but I am feeling a bit skeptical about the date I was given.

Well when Snood talked to the Primus site guys that do there orders (Music Today) they said the chocolate was back ordered :rolleyes: and most orders will go out on the 20th.............

The email I received from Amazon a couple days ago (the 11th, I believe), gives me an arrival date of 11/20. Same with my order page; release date 11/20, and arrival date 11/20. It's odd that the arrival date you were given is another month out. It's also strange that there still doesn't seem to be a proper product order page for this on Amazon. I have to access the product page through my order, where it's still listed as "currently unavailable".

I'm hopeful that this is finally getting released, nine months to the day from when I had placed my order; but I am feeling a bit skeptical about the date I was given.

I've just seen your post, sorry for delay responding. I'm guessing the later estimated arrival date pertains to me being in the UK?

Ah, that probably explains it; I didn't notice that. Well, sounds like it's really happening this time :banana: It's been a good couple months for surround fanatics!

Anyone get this Primus release yet and how does the DD 5.1 sound?
Mine is coming with Rush R40 live in same package, have to wait for a few days yet before I get it.

I just got an alert from Amazon that mine was delivered. I will give it a quick listen as soon as I get home from work and will give some thoughts on it here.

I have some really high expectations for this as the Sailing the Seas of Cheese was such an excellent release. I expect a similarly excellent surround mix, but the apparent "Dolby Digital only" part of this release has me a little gutted (I'm still reeeeeally hoping there's at least a DTS mix included, but just hasn't been advertised). Anyway, I'm not going to let the Dolby Digital label cloud my judgement on this, because as was shown with the recent Zappa blu - when handled correctly, Dolby can still sound really, really good.

Amazon.com wrote to say they've dispatched mine today.. and it will be with me as soon as.. December 29th..:rolleyes: ..but when you've been waiting all year for something what's another month or so..? ;)

Back