Santana's "Caravanserai" on Hybrid Multichannel SACD in 7" Mini-LP Packaging!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered just now, Fedex Priority with tracking. Coming from Japan to US, for me tracking is a must!!

I paid an extra buck and a half for DHL. I will never use FedEx again. With my last order, they claimed that the package was delivered to my front porch. It wasn't there. Filed a claim. It showed up two days later.

v
I paid an extra buck and a half for DHL. I will never use FedEx again. With my last order, they claimed that the package was delivered to my front porch. It wasn't there. Filed a claim. It showed up two days later.

Me too but I've seen DHL screw up too several times. Once the driver was pulling away w/o delivering and I ran out to stop the stupid SOB. They also used to have a very unreliable tracking system but I believe that's improved much.

None of the companies do a great job anymore. UPS was usually very reliable for me but I once shipped something to someone who had a similar complaint as you regarding UPS so he insisted I use USPS! Talk about a crapshoot delivery. I've seen USPS take weeks just to leave a city and travel way off the beaten path (like to the rural mtns and then back to the main city hub to get from one state away to mine. I wouldn't trust USPS being any better than UPS personally. UPS still seems the best one to me.

Fedex has delivered my package to a neighbor next door and they make unrealistic delivery dates also. So I hear ya.

Last edited:
Great news. Will importcds get this?
Cheaper shipping for US although airmail is available again from Japan.
AFAIK, Neither ImportCD nor their 'sister' company Deep Discount have been carrrying the latest SONY Japan SACDs. Have no idea why. But they do carry all those Hong Kong SACDs and the Universal SHM~SACDs .....

Perhaps they had an 'issue' with them and severed ties!

FANTASTIC!!! ❤️
One of the all-time Classic CBS Quads discrete on SACD at last!!!
Instant Order! 👍
Thank you for the Scoop!! 💘
Hi Adam,
I'm curious as you have been listening to surround many more years than most of us at QQ.
I see many threads comparing CD's, LP's, etc, this is better that is better, etc.
But what I don't notice is people saying the SQ, CD4, etc, etc is better than the new SACD, like the Japanese, Dutton Vocalion, etc.
Do you have any input as to that, it seems to me all the SACD 4.0's are better than the original Quads's?

Pre-ordered. Thanks for the tip @Nyad.

The only Santana album I owned when it came out was Shango. Loved the guitar work in Hold On when that came out as a single.

As time went on, I bought other albums, but never anything from the 70s. So I’ve enjoyed buying these quad 7" editions.

Even better when they announce it and then tell you it’s coming out in a few weeks.

Hi Adam,
I'm curious as you have been listening to surround many more years than most of us at QQ.
I see many threads comparing CD's, LP's, etc, this is better that is better, etc.
But what I don't notice is people saying the SQ, CD4, etc, etc is better than the new SACD, like the Japanese, Dutton Vocalion, etc.
Do you have any input as to that, it seems to me all the SACD 4.0's are better than the original Quads's?
good question! 🤗 i can't think of any old Quad LP or tape that hasn't been bettered in some way by the beautiful Japanese 7" SACDs or Mr. Dutton's marvellous SACDs.

also Sony NY and Audio Fidelity both did some great Quad SACDs in years gone by that i also found were all an improvement on the old equivalent Quad records and tapes as well.

the thing to always bear in mind about Quad is that almost every consumer delivery format of the time was quite flawed in some way.

even the best format, Quad reel to reel tape, which could have excellent fidelity, speed stability and was fully discrete was expensive and unwieldy and limited to select releases by a mere handful of labels. if you desired Quad reels by CBS or ABC artists you were out of luck.

SQ and QS LPs could never reproduce truly discrete Surround sound and even though CD-4 could in theory deliver discrete Surround from an LP in practice the format had its own drawbacks and as for Q8s, well they are 8-track tapes at the end of the day and we all know about their limitations and deficiencies.

good question! 🤗 i can't think of any old Quad LP or tape that hasn't been bettered in some way by the beautiful Japanese 7" SACDs or Mr. Dutton's marvellous SACDs.

also Sony NY and Audio Fidelity both did some great Quad SACDs in years gone by that i also found were all an improvement on the old equivalent Quad records and tapes as well.

the thing to always bear in mind about Quad is that almost every consumer delivery format of the time was quite flawed in some way.

even the best format, Quad reel to reel tape, which could have excellent fidelity, speed stability and was fully discrete was expensive and unwieldy and limited to select releases by a mere handful of labels. if you desired Quad reels by CBS or ABC artists you were out of luck.

SQ and QS LPs could never reproduce truly discrete Surround sound and even though CD-4 could in theory deliver discrete Surround from an LP in practice the format had its own drawbacks and as for Q8s, well they are 8-track tapes at the end of the day and we all know about their limitations and deficiencies.
Thank you Adam, I knew you would give me a perfect answer, have a nice day.

I put my order in for this early this morning, while still in bed, wasn't gonna wait for Jack crap. Been waiting for this a looooonnnng time.

If you have any hesitance in getting this ... DON'T HESITATE!

It has this Surround Chasin' Hound's seal of approval 🐾 🐾

Also, this one was a big coming out party for Neal Schon of Journey fame, even more so than the previous album.

The body melts into the universe.
The universe melts into the soundless voice.
The sound melts into the all-shining light.

And the light enters the bosom of infinite joy.

Back