Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaaand (as snood might say), I suppose the initial sticker shock of the price is squelching folks a bit. Not me...I'm way too much of a Beatle's fan to let that little detail bother me. :banana::banana::banana:

Same here. This will be an essential purchase. Besides, Bull Moose is listing a $120 price tag at the moment and they are rarely ever the cheapest game in town. Wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing prices under $100. I know for the folks who only want the 5.1 that's a drag, but I certainly am excited for the whole box.

As the Beatles' catalog is now controlled by Universal I was hoping there might be a stand-alone Blu-ray but that appears to not be the case. The promo did mention 2-cd, 1-cd, vinyl and digital editions, but not HFPA.

Oh....and I'll add a couple extra bananas to this party!

:banana::banana:

I just wet myself.

Insta-buy.

As far as I'm concerned, the wording in the ad is pretty clear that it's a hi-res 5.1 and stereo mix on the Blu Ray and DVD.

The Super Deluxe set looks perfect, especially with all the out-takes, "lost" tracks and new mixes.

I'm not one to point fingers, or talk about others.....because that's not cool. But, today I joined SHF for the first time because they had a LOT of activity on this topic of the Beatles. I think I'm emotionally drained. And not in a good way. What in the HELL? Enough said, I won't comment further. I will remain in my favorite forum, where all is good. :) Thank you QQ!

I'm surprised there is not more participation and or excitement here at QQ. Though, we do tend to be a more "reserved" crowd. Maybe "we" are still waiting for some form of disappointment.

In a word (or number, as it were): ONE. "The Beatles 1+" is why I'm not jumping up and down.

In a word (or number, as it were): ONE. "The Beatles 1+" is why I'm not jumping up and down.

Yeah, I know. But to be fair - that release was not necessarily meant to be an audio disc as much as a video disc...with some audio. At least, that's my opinion. This one feels a bit more like an audio release. I'm very, very...cautiously optimistic.

:banana::banana::banana::yikes:yikes:yikes:cool::cool::cool:

OK, maybe not so cautious... :)

Unless the 5.1 is not for real - I will be an early adopter. I'm glad to take one for the QQ team on this one. Everyone else bought the Floyd box....well, I'm gonna buy this one. I know, I know - not same price range...still. I can tell folks are apprehensive to buy this one.

Unless the 5.1 is not for real - I will be an early adopter. I'm glad to take one for the QQ team on this one. Everyone else bought the Floyd box....well, I'm gonna buy this one. I know, I know - not same price range...still. I can tell folks are apprehensive to buy this one.

I'm in too, as an automatic. Although I rarely listen to The Beatles these days, I am of that age, and back in real time this group was my biggest deal. I bought every single, LP, Apple release, etc etc. So, I am sure I will enjoy all of the extra stuff. If the 5.1 mix is done properly, I'll be even more thrilled.

Here in 2017 The Beatles music may seem trite to the new kids, and it surely isn't very current, but to people my age and those who grew up being force fed by their parents (the way our parents bombarded us with Frank Sinatra and others), this release could turn out to be one of the most interesting Beatles releases ever - even more so than Anthology. And if the 5.1 is on par with Anthology, well then, WAHOOO!!

After researching and contemplating, I've decided to throw my hat into the ring and pre-order from Moose ($29 < Amazon). I'm of the mindset of interested purely in the surround mix Blu Ray disc, so minimal interest in all the other fluff that this set has. Already have enough books and Collectibles to fill a couple shelves.
After I receive it I'll know for sure what to sell on eBay.

hahaha 3 banana's...wait till Snood shows up. He'll tear this place apart with bananas...

Not sure exactly why, but that post just made me laugh my freakin' ass off! :smokin

Oh my God, this is the first I'm hearing of this. :yikes I did see that on Bull Moose, it says 'Discs 5-6: DVD/Blu-ray containing restored The Making of Sgt. Pepper'. Expecting the worse, hoping for the best. Also, I've really gotten to the point that I almost never listen to non-surround music these days and wish more of these deals also offered a blu-ray only option, as I'm not into memorabilia and such. Oh well, I just really hope it comes with an absolutely spectacular discrete surround mix. :banana: Is that too much to ask?

Snood pre ordered already it made Snood nanners do this:

:51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana::51banana:

and this

:banana::friday::banana::friday::banana::friday::banana::friday::banana::friday::banana::friday::banana::friday::banana::friday::banana::friday::banana::friday::banana::friday::banana::friday::banana::friday::banana:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:mad:@:

Based on the promo video, there's a LOT for me to be about excited about for this release!

Pros:
-New Stereo Mix: While the original stereo mix is OK, I have always preferred "Sgt Pepper" in mono after hearing it from the mono box, so I'm hoping that this new stereo mix will be even better than both of the original mixes. (Especially since it sounds like this new stereo mix has all the tracks running at the right speed.)
-2 CDs of session outtakes: Yes, I will actually go through and listen to both of these Session CDs in full. Besides the Blu-Ray, these CDs represent the most exciting element of the box set for me!
-The 'Making Of' Documentary: It's amazing! So I'm glad it's being included in full!
-A 5.1 surround sound mix! (DUH!) ;)

Cons:
-The 5.1 mix could be as bad as a lot of tracks on "1+" were.
-It's very expensive!

I went ahead and preordered it. I will have to have it on the day it comes out!

:)

Is there a real reason to preorder this, they print a zillion of all beatle pressings, live at bbc is the same as release price years later, new.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:banana: :51banana: :banana:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

It's Nanner-Man! WOOOO!!!
rock.gif
Is this The Snood-Mobile? If not, you should buy it! You could fit lots of Nannerettes in there. ;) :banana:

1368984995Twinxs.jpg

Discs 5 & 6 (Blu-ray and DVD):
New 5.1 surround audio mixes of the album and 'Penny Lane' by Giles Martin and Sam Okell, plus their 2015 5.1 surround mix of 'Strawberry Fields Forever'.
High resolution audio versions of the new stereo mixes of the album and 'Penny Lane' and of the 2015 stereo mix of 'Strawberry Fields Forever'.
Video features: 4K restored original promotional films for 'Strawberry Fields Forever,' 'Penny Lane,' and 'A Day In The Life;' plus The Making of Sgt. Pepper, a restored, previously unreleased documentary film broadcast in 1992, featuring insightful interviews with McCartney, Harrison, and Starr, and in-studio footage introduced by George Martin.

source: MusicVaultz

Discs 5 & 6 (Blu-ray and DVD):
New 5.1 surround audio mixes of the album and 'Penny Lane' by Giles Martin and Sam Okell, plus their 2015 5.1 surround mix of 'Strawberry Fields Forever'.
High resolution audio versions of the new stereo mixes of the album and 'Penny Lane' and of the 2015 stereo mix of 'Strawberry Fields Forever'.
Video features: 4K restored original promotional films for 'Strawberry Fields Forever,' 'Penny Lane,' and 'A Day In The Life;' plus The Making of Sgt. Pepper, a restored, previously unreleased documentary film broadcast in 1992, featuring insightful interviews with McCartney, Harrison, and Starr, and in-studio footage introduced by George Martin.

source: MusicVaultz

I've only heard the Beatles 1 mix of Strawberry Fields Forever once and it must have left me unimpressed as I do not have any recollections of it. What are your thoughts on that mix and based only on it does this bode well for Pepper's 5.1 mix?

Back