The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob
As much as Id LOVE!! to see the Lions there, it aint gonna happen. Its still a tough mathematic for the Lions to EVEN get into the playoffs. And if they get in ? Sheesh.......one playoff win in 64 years ( 1991 Dallas ) does not bode well.................

Ill say this ---I drank the Kool Aid this year ( again goshdammit !! why do I do this every freaking year ?? ). Then the first half of the season was a disaster. I gave up AGAIN- for the 53rd year in a row.
And then - something happened. The Lions started winning. Its a weird thing. And a weird feeling. What is going on ? Should I have more Kool Aid ?

Its good. Its fun ---for once. And Dan Campbell is Jesus. I think
Don't overthink it. Just enjoy it! :)

Don't overthink it. Just enjoy it! :)
Exactly, enjoy it! Forget the cool aide & all.... Detroit is now only a 1/2 game out of the last playoff spot. They are tied with Seattle 7-7.(unfortunately, they lost to Seattle & would loss a tie-breaker with them).
But, they have a ton of momentum! Their last 3 games are all against losers: Carolina (5-9), Chicago(3-11) & GB(5-8)..
All losers & I can promise if it comes down to the last game @ GB, Packers may, very well fold like a house-of-cards.
I got a feeling the Lions are going to make the playoffs.

Last edited:
The early word from the weather services here in Buffalo is there could be travel complications with the Bills@Bears game this Sunday. Something about blizzard conditions descending on the Chicago area and closing off all air travel. All of this just in time to disrupt Christmas travel for so many going through the O'Hare hub.

Upcoming today final game of week.
Thursday, whatever.
This Saturday coming are the games to watch with most importance.
Sunday, whatever.

For me, my wish is:
SF beats Washington
Dallas beats Philly.
Lions beat Panthers (I'm on the Detroit band wagon now). Did I ever tell you my favorite team colors are 1. San Francisco, 2, Detroit I love that blue and silver, always have.
In the NFC these games are my most important.

I heard on the radio this morning that someone bet the Colts when they were up 31 points in the Vikings-Colts game on Saturday. They bet $50k for a $1k payout, thinking they were getting an easy grand. Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

MoTown. TitleTown !!

And in that same season we hold title to being the only 0-16 team ever in the official season

lions.jpg

Franco "The Immaculate Reception" Harris has died at 72.

I met the man while we were both deplaning at Newark Airport. We chatted very briefly. He said that he was really enjoying retirement. Then his wife started busting his balls about something or other. He just kept looking straight ahead with that "I just better keep my mouth shut before I get into more trouble" look. :)

Back