The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
enz4ngo9x9z6l2dsvi7o

David versus Goliath. Right where we want to be -

"The Chiefs are 14-3 in home games the past two seasons, and Mahomes has won 16 straight regular season games against NFC opponents. Kansas City has not lost an opener since 2014, Mahomes' true freshman season at Texas Tech.

The Lions have not won their season opener since 2017, when they beat the Arizona Cardinals, 35-23, at Ford Field. They have not won at Arrowhead Stadium since 1988."

"The Chiefs are 14-3 in home games the past two seasons, and Mahomes has won 16 straight regular season games against NFC opponents. Kansas City has not lost an opener since 2014, Mahomes' true freshman season at Texas Tech.

The Lions have not won their season opener since 2017, when they beat the Arizona Cardinals, 35-23, at Ford Field. They have not won at Arrowhead Stadium since 1988."
From Sporting News:

"So, why did the NFL choose the Lions to play the Chiefs in the season opener?
For starters, Detroit projects to be a good team in 2023 after its strong close to the 2022 season. The Lions didn't quite make the playoffs last season, but they closed the year on an 8-2 run to finish with a 9-8 record overall. They capped the season with an exciting, "Sunday Night Football" win over the Packers to keep Aaron Rodgers out of the playoffs when Detroit was, effectively, playing for nothing."

Read the full stuff here:
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...-kickoff-game-week-1/layessum46zsljqt1urho7ih
If only my calendar had a fast forward....

They capped the season with an exciting, "Sunday Night Football" win over the Packers to keep Aaron Rodgers out of the playoffs when Detroit was, effectively, playing for nothing."

I don't think that any game at any time in the NFC North is 'playing for nothing', and especially when it is against Aaron Rodgers.

Ricky, I heard the early line is KC by 21points ( kidding, of course).
I just hope Lions don't embarrass the NFC north....NOT kidding about that!

Last edited:
That's because those Michs used to have the fancy gold foil around the top of the bottle. I drank a lot of Michelob myself (still do but Light now). Looking back, what a pain in the ass it was to peel that paper off before you could crack it open.

View attachment 91431
Looks like it would also make a great lava lamp.

Ricky, I heard the early line is KC by 21points ( kidding, of course).
I just hope Lions don't embarrass the NFC north....NOT kidding about that!

Bobman
I dont think the NFC North will embarrass. It will be a close game for the first half. The second half will be a different story though.
Lions 31 Chiefs 24. Chiefs make it close near the end but run out of time

Bobman
I dont think the NFC North will embarrass. It will be a close game for the first half. The second half will be a different story though.
Lions 31 Chiefs 24. Chiefs make it close near the end but run out of time

Um, it's only May. Are we going to see 18 pages of posts talking about this game before it actually takes place?

Thanksgiving: A trio of solid divisional matchups with the Lions hosting the Packers and Commanders visiting the Cowboys. And with the 49ers headed to Seattle, we might even be able to stay awake for the late game. Maybe.

Black Friday: For the first time, the league will slot a game on the day after Thanksgiving, the Jets hosting the Dolphins on Nov. 24. Even better, kickoff will be at 3 p.m. ET, giving plenty of time for the turkey tryptophan to wear off and for viewers to finish looking for shopping bargains online or at brick-and-mortar venues. But if you are stuck at the mall, Amazon Prime has an early Holiday gift, allowing for free streaming even if you're not a Prime member.

LOSERS​

Christmas: Why are we inviting fractious family reunions by putting football on all day? Didn't the league learn the folly of a Yuletide tripleheader last year, the Rams literally asking their season ticketholders to donate their seats rather than having SoFi Stadium packed with empty seats ... for what was ultimately a 51-14 Rams walkover of the Broncos? Oof. And before you point to Tom Brady and the Buccaneers surviving in overtime on Christmas night, think back to the fact TB12 was picked off twice by an also-ran Cardinals team led that day by QB Trace McSorley. This year, we get Raiders-Chiefs, which seems like a lump of coal in the stocking even if Kansas Citians are likely to turn out in force. And Giants-Eagles? Y'all know how Philly treats Santa. And Ravens at 49ers should be a dogfight ... even if no Harbaugh brothers at the Christmas table.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...osers-release-aaron-rodgers-jets/70203171007/
Management of Chiefs' schedule: In addition to their Christmas duty against the Raiders and first soiree with Hill, a year after he was traded, occurring in Europe, it's hard to square some aspects of the Chiefs' docket. In theory, sure, their Week 17 AFC championship game(s) rematch with the Cincinnati Bengals could be a battle for home-field advantage. But a lot of things have to break in that direction − including the overall performance and health of both teams − to match the hype of starting the season with Cincy coming back to "Burrowhead." Kicking off the 2023 campaign with the reigning champions hosting the Detroit Lions − and, sure, they'll probably start out as NFC North front-runners − is nice, but it feels like the Chiefs will be favored by a touchdown. Wouldn't we all be better off by flipping the Lions' visit to Week 17, a game still likely to have significant playoff ramifications for both sides, while raising the curtain with the Bengals (in their all-white uniforms) in barbecue country?

Aaron Rodgers: Pressure's on, boss. Six (maybe seven) national stages, including Black Friday, and a season-opening minefield that includes the Bills, Cowboys, Patriots, Chiefs, and Eagles before the Week 7 bye? AR8 will naturally be expected to end the league's longest current playoff drought, one that dates to 2010, but he's going to have to work hard to do it − nine games against teams that were postseason entries in 2022 − under the brightest of spotlights, a glare that will only be augmented by the New York media market.

Back