The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I agree, but a fair catch makes the point of player safety a moot point.
There is still going to be a fair catch, safety handled.
The way I see it, as per what AR said, why even have a kick off then if it is guranteed with a fair catch to start at the 25?
While keeping the kick off in play, there is still room for error, returner waves for fair catch, but then drops the ball allowing Special Teams to make a play.
I just don't see the player safety angle, I only see the new rule as speeding up the game.

Now, when they first started the fair catch wave, that was of course for player safety, I have seen some guys get blasted back in the day, but the new rule now, no such added player safety.
Kick returners first goal is to catch and run, return the ball, that has not changed.
The player safety angle is to give the kick return team an incentive not to run it back. Any time the ball is kicked to that 15 to 5 yard line range they have to make a decision, run it back and take their chances or fair catch it and bury their team deep in the other team's territory. Right now there is absolutely no incentive to fair catch the ball and not try to run it back on a kickoff return.

Also note that fair catches on a kickoff are very rare right now (think about it, how many times have you seen a fair catch on a kickoff?). Unless there was some sort of mishap that sent the ball somewhere it shouldn't have went, the receiver usually has plenty of time to catch and start running the ball back (in that 20 to 0 yard line range). The fair catch is most prevalent on punts, which I don't think are included in this rule. This new rule's goal is to greatly reduce the number of kickoffs actually returned.

To save you folks some time, here is the lead paragraph of the article:

According to QuadraphonicQuad's JohnN, an unnamed QQ member experienced a staggering loss of $8 million through purchasing out-of-print quads on Ebay in 2022. This revelation follows the recent suspension of five members in April for violating the forum's 'Never tell your spouse you bought them.' policy. Additionally, Paul Simon of the legendary duo Simon & Garfunkel, is currently under investigation for potential 'quad blocking' violations, to which he is yet to confess.

According to QuadraphonicQuad's JohnN, an unnamed QQ member experienced a staggering loss of $8 million through purchasing out-of-print quads on Ebay in 2022. This revelation follows the recent suspension of five members in April for violating the forum's 'Never tell your spouse you bought them.' policy. Additionally, Paul Simon of the legendary duo Simon & Garfunkel, is currently under investigation for potential 'quad blocking' violations, to which he is yet to confess.

OMG - now THAT is some funny stuff AR !!!

Best post of the year! :love:

I bet money on Awesome Funny posts. WINNER!
My wife knows everything and adds to the inventory. 🤪:cool:

ff76997b0a058a1acbf03cfd295988c5.gif
🤪

We went to visit a garden in the Hudson Valley today. Our horticulturalist / guide kept pointing to plants called Rodgersia.
(pronounced: Rah-ger-zhuh.)

They were selling these plants in their greenhouse...you can't make this stuff up...for 12 bucks a pop.

So my evil mind wandered onto a new definition for Rodgersia:

A condition specific to NY Jets fans, characterized by progressive loss of intellectual function, especially with impairment of logic and critical thinking, resulting in delusions of a 2024 Super Bowl victory parade.

We went to visit a garden in the Hudson Valley today. Our horticulturalist / guide kept pointing to plants called Rodgersia.

They were selling these plants in their greenhouse...you can't make this stuff up...for 12 bucks a pop.

A condition specific to NY Jets fans, characterized by progressive loss of intellectual function, especially with impairment of logic and critical thinking, resulting in delusions of a 2024 Super Bowl victory parade.
I believe Rodgers is a vegan, now I know why!.It's all starting to line up....
BTW, Did you pick up a plant🤔?

Last edited:

I wonder if that plant is used in the production of that super elixer known as Honolulu Blue Kool Aid

Back