Ultravox "Vienna" (Steven Wilson 5.1 remix in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre order in. :) I don't know about anyone else but I'm hemorrhaging money to surround albums right now, and I love it! :LB
Shaking out for a pretty good year with months to go yet (started slow though); and still waiting for that new batch of more popular DV titles to drop 🥳

Pre-ordered as well from the Shed, from their newsletter:

Ultravox
Vienna (Deluxe Edition): 40th Anniversary (CD boxset/vinyl pre-order)

Oh! Vienna!

6 disc box set (5CD/1DVD) celebrating Ultravox’s classic ‘Vienna’ album including new
Steven Wilson stereo and hi-res 5.1 mixes. 66 tracks in total (44 previously unreleased recordings/mixes including 2CDs of previously unreleased cassette rehearsals and a newly mixed concert from St. Albans in 1980).

Also available on half-speed mastered double vinyl using the original 1980 production tapes. (LP2 includes single versions and b-sides from the 4 singles released from the album, including a previously commercially unreleased US Promo Edit of Vienna, which is exclusive to this edition).

Originally released in July 1980, Vienna was the first Ultravox album with Midge Ure on vocals/guitar. Produced by legendary German producer Conny Plank (Neu!, Kraftwerk).

Preorder for 9th October release

Pre-ordered as well from the Shed, from their newsletter:

Ultravox
Vienna (Deluxe Edition): 40th Anniversary (CD boxset/vinyl pre-order)

Oh! Vienna!

6 disc box set (5CD/1DVD) celebrating Ultravox’s classic ‘Vienna’ album including new
Steven Wilson stereo and hi-res 5.1 mixes. 66 tracks in total (44 previously unreleased recordings/mixes including 2CDs of previously unreleased cassette rehearsals and a newly mixed concert from St. Albans in 1980).

Also available on half-speed mastered double vinyl using the original 1980 production tapes. (LP2 includes single versions and b-sides from the 4 singles released from the album, including a previously commercially unreleased US Promo Edit of Vienna, which is exclusive to this edition).

Originally released in July 1980, Vienna was the first Ultravox album with Midge Ure on vocals/guitar. Produced by legendary German producer Conny Plank (Neu!, Kraftwerk).

Preorder for 9th October release

"hi-res 5.1" probably means 96/24 DTS.. but.. we shall see..! :cool:

USA vendors price watch:

Import CDs: $56.98
Deep Discount: $53.98
Amazon: $59.98
Bull Moose: Item not yet listed.

Lately Bull Moose has been pretty competitive. They had the best deals on the upcoming Prince & Lou Reed box sets, so I am curious to see what their price will be. Also, Deep Discount regularly sends out coupons, usually 15% off, so it might be worth waiting to place an order.

Last edited:
It is surprising to see ImportCDs and Amazon so close together, normally they beat Amazon by ~$12-$15 USD on a box like this. It almost makes me want to go Amazon and how for the 'you saved money' email on release.

Back