WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, if the book were in Dolby Vision…
or if they took a page from George Harrison’s playbook and, instead of gnomes, they included the band taking a pewter piss.

For those getting it, I’m glad. There are albums where I’d pay this amount… this album comes painfully close to that very short list.

Last edited:
$299.98 !!! Since I only want the Dolby Atmos Blu ray, this is an easy pass. Since many of these Dolby Atmos mixes will end up on Apple Music I will wait for a streaming option or a single release of the Blu ray. I understand a single release of the blu ray probably is not going to happen. How many of you purchasing this box set really care about anything but the Blu ray Atmos mix?charging these ridiculous price for these blu ray surround mixes is the way to do it.
🎯 If these companies/artists want to drive people to streaming / spatial audio/ Dolby Atmos 👈,........................... as designed. No single 5.1 dts br. Driving some of us completely OUT. Was simple to see this direction coming some time ago. Oh well. Glad we have what we do have over the years. Wish they could have just done it like the Pink Floyd Animals sets. Us out in the country types are probably done. Our last purchase will be the Jethro Tull Broadsword release.

Last edited:
The price should be no big surprise for this one, given the title and being Atmos by SW, it’s exactly where I figured it would be.

What! Atmos is Only 24x48? ;)
(Just wish the 5.1 was 24x96 though)

Give it some time on that price.

Not going to knock folks who buy this at that price, as there's albums (Burn - Deep Purple for instance, pray for the Quadio! if it exists) that I'd happily fork out with that content included. But there does seem to me to be an upward, above inflation, price hike in physical content the last 3 months or so.

The price should be no big surprise for this one, given the title and being Atmos by SW, it’s exactly where I figured it would be.

What! Atmos is Only 24x48? ;)
(Just wish the 5.1 was 24x96 though)

Give it some time on that price.
I will definitely buy this set...but I'm going to wait and see if there are any alternative sellers...it is logical for them to start out on a fan website...as they comprise the most rabid fans who would be willing to pay any amount for this purchase...I didn't see anything about it being a limited edition...

They will use this pre order as a litmus test to gauge the interest in this title...if it falls below expectations...there could be some adjustments in price or distribution

If these companies/artists want to drive people to streaming / spatial audio/ Dolby Atmos, charging these ridiculous price for these blu ray surround mixes is the way to do it.
🎯 If these companies/artists want to drive people to streaming / spatial audio/ Dolby Atmos 👈,
If this was truly their goal, there'd be no Blu-Ray in the set and the Atmos mix would be exclusive to the streaming services (as has been done with so many other reissues over the past two years).

Oh my sweet Lord!! What to do, what to do? My favorite all time top three albums are Revolver, Who's Next and Diamond Dogs. Well, Revolver is out of the question because they didn't even include a Blu-ray. I do have Abby Road in Atmos on Blu-ray, it did sound exactly the same when I streamed it, but I am a physical collector so, in the end, no Blu-ray no sale for Revolver. Diamond Dogs, best to my knowledge, never went into surround so, at least for now, not an issue.

But $415 for a Blu-ray of Who's Next on their website? I might, maybe, go up to $99 but no more than that. Quite frankly, this is insane. Who announced this? Borat? What a shame that these multi millionaires are shunning true fans who have spent the money and time into the surround/Atmos hobby and would extremely appreciate these mixes.

I really, really want this but will not purchase and it kills me. Even if they put out the Blu-ray Atmos version out for $40 I'd do it in a heartbeat but, at this price, I consider it an insult to my decades of being a fan. I consider this price point being condescending and rude. I know I shouldn't be upset by this but I am.

Back